Billy Bob
United States
Beachwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
Do they count towards the 2 completed objectives to the deck 1 ironborn raid card? Or is it just the scored one use objectives that count?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Bob
United States
Beachwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still don't have this expansion.
But I'm sure that house objective doesn't count.
1st in GoT all you need to know is visible when you take a look at the table.
2nd house objective is never completed. You score points for it, but you can do it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amin
Canada
flag msg tools
http://podcastoficeandfire.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
House objectives do not count. Making the houses that are more dependent on playing special objectives more vulnerable to Ironborn raid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis P
msg tools
Any news on that by now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

What Amin said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that I think about this card again, it is not surprising that the question has come up a few times because of the overall 'objective' of Ironborn raid may be to level out the scores by pulling back the people who are ahead on the tracks. It wouldn't be gamebreaking if the card did lower your score based on your special objective card as well as the "general" objective cards. Although it is fine the way it is now because it tends to affect Lannister more than other houses, which is good given the relative strength of Lannister.

The current problems being (1) strictly read, you can distinguish "special objective"; (2) There's no established way or mentioning of keeping track of whether and how many times your special objectives card has been scored (which if needed to be tracked should have been expressed in the rules rather than deduced by me); and (3) It was played without affecting special objectives at Days of Ice and Fire 2013.

However, the counter answer are: (1) You can read it the other way; (2) You could follow the method of seeing if (A) 2 or more general objective cards have been scored, (B) if the person is at 2 or more on the victory track with 1 general objective card scored for 1 point, or (C) the person is at 1 on the track and has 1 objective card scored for zero points. If any of those are met, then they have scored 2 cards; and (3) It might have been played wrong at the event because while I remember Jason ruling on other specific questions that have come up on this board, I do not remember if he specifically ruled on this question in person and the tournament rules do not cover it, so technically the staff could have gotten it wrong without his correction. Particularly so because Ironborn raid does not come up every game, so it may not have come up in the games Jason watched.

So that being said I will email him for a conclusive answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis P
msg tools
Thank you, it sure would be nice to have an official answer on that.
The way i see it, the rules of the expansion make a pretty clear distinction between "objectives" and "special objectives". So imho special objectives don't count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received confirmation from Jason Walden that Ironborn Raid is focused only on the standard objective cards played from the hand, not the special objective cards. So good to have that settled for sure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis P
msg tools
Nice! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.