Subject: WN Depth marker - reinforcement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff B
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
I was attacking WN64 from adjacent hex 0915. My infantry unit had a strength of four with required weapons. The WN position had a strength of 2 with a depth marker. Upon consulting the attack results chart, I follow the instruction to reveal the depth marker, which showed a tactical reinforcement marker. The instructions (9.4) indicate to place the reinforcement immediately upon revealing it, but following the flow chart for US attack results, the far-right hand column instructs to eliminate the depth marker and mark the unit as disrupted. So, my question is, do I still place the reinforcement and then get rid of the depth marker (that's my instinct), or do I not have to place the reinforcement since the chart instructs to eliminate the depth marker? Any clarity on this is appreciated. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow steps 1-3 of 9.4 on page 17. For the unit, see the (1) note on the US Attack Results Chart: "...the German unit is defeated"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Stevenson
United States
Columbus
Ga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You place the Tac reinforcement unit in the nearest open German reinforcement position then discard the depth marker and recalculate the combat result using the column for a revealed single step unit (i,e, unit eliminated).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.