Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Deck-Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Team Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
E.M. Proc
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So we've been toying with a team variant, with two two-player teams... Teammates sit opposite each other... The team with the most VPs at the end wins...

Attacks that target all players (i.e. Uruk-Hai, Black Riders, etc.) still affect your teammate...

The most interesting rule that results in interesting strategy/teamwork, though, is that on a turn where you play your hero's starting card, you may put one card from your discard pile into your teammate's discard pile...

I'd be curious if anyone else has tried a team variant, or has suggestions on how to make it more interesting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is actually an official 2v2 team variant in the DC rule book.
-Players sit diagonal to their teammate so the teams alternate taking turns.
-Whenever you buy or gain a card you can choose to give it to your teammate. If you do, the other team gets to discard a card and draw a card.
-Attacks you play don't hit your teammate.
-You can play defense cards on your teammate.
-End of game, count up points of each players' deck and the team with the most points wins.

It's my favorite way to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.