Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Simone [The Quasi Geek Dad]
United States
Redmond
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been playing the IOS version. Does it adequately prepare you for the actual physical game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just realize that the Bankruptcy is executed incorrectly on the app. Make sure you read through the rulebook on how Bankruptcy is supposed to work...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was fixed in the Last update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
airsonist wrote:
That was fixed in the Last update.

Oh good.

I didn't see it specifically in the list of changes, and I haven't played it since the update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Wood
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DeadMoney wrote:
I have been playing the IOS version. Does it adequately prepare you for the actual physical game?

That depends on your intent. I played the ios version plenty of times before playing the board game version. Since i was the only person who had "played" before i had to do the setup and rules explanation. The ios version does all the setup and the in depth
& complicated rules interactions for you so you dont really need to know the ins & outs. So clearly it did not prep me for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Simone [The Quasi Geek Dad]
United States
Redmond
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to say "no".

I bought the iOS app before playing the physical game, and at least in my case, it does not really do a great job teaching the game because it does the bookkeeping for you.

It wasn't until I played the physical version that I saw the cubes and discs moving, which helped to really understand what was going on.

YMMV, obviously some people learn in different ways, it just didn't work for me as a learning app. Now of course I play it lots on iOS, now that I understand the mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Crawford
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the app ok at helping me figure out a strategy to use. I have only played the game once and had no idea what any of the technologies could do. I learned that by playing the IOS game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Bengter
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am waiting for Eclipse to turn up on Android. I love the game, but get to few times to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.