Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Thornton
Australia
Newcastle
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How bout a 50ft tall red head wearing not much?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So are there any new Infos about our future favorite Game King of New York???

We would love to hear something new!
Greets
MoBroHinack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Segoviano
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man I'm so hyped for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sin Sam
msg tools
If we're talking new monsters, we need a giant ant/spider/praying mantis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sin Sam
msg tools
So, here's a small, indirect update on King of New York:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iello/zombie-15/posts/7...
Update #5 wrote:
Would you prefer that your Alpha Zombie Promo Monster fight it out in The Big Apple, instead? That's okay with him! The Alpha Zombie will be fully compatible with King of New York, due to be released just a few months after Zombie 15'!
Zombie 15' is scheduled to be released around May, I do believe, and according to this KoNY is scheduled for "just a few months" later.
This means I would not expect a March, April, or May release. You can probably count out June, as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Benzy311 wrote:
How bout a 50ft tall red head wearing not much?
This game really needs a "monster" inspired by that movie. The giant-woman archetype is not quite as iconic as the giant-ape and giant-lizard, but still...it is arguably in the top three to five giant-monster movie icons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Harris
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they had releases mutation cards with alpha zombie, I would have backed the product, but alas they did not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray MacPherson
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
mb
Still no information? Been waiting patiently for so long now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muz333 wrote:
They're probably a bit busy with Zombie 15.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray MacPherson
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
mb
jonahmaul wrote:
Muz333 wrote:
Ah, that's true. Hopefully a small teaser will make its way out soon for KoNY. It's the only game release I've ever been excited to wait for (however I'm only a few months into the hobby but have already spent over £1000 :O).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muz333 wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
Muz333 wrote:
Ah, that's true. Hopefully a small teaser will make its way out soon for KoNY. It's the only game release I've ever been excited to wait for (however I'm only a few months into the hobby but have already spent over £1000 :O).

Yes, i´m waiting for it too, they had to put out a little Information for us soon, so we can all can get a good sleep

@Muz333 how did you do it? With a Space Penguin on Ebay??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray MacPherson
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
mb
MoBroHinack wrote:
Muz333 wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
Muz333 wrote:

Yes, i´m waiting for it too, they had to put out a little Information for us soon, so we can all can get a good sleep

@Muz333 how did you do it? With a Space Penguin on Ebay??
Nope but in about three months I've bought over 30 games not including expansions. All it took was my friend to say "Have you seen this show Tabletop? We should do a game night".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! I know that EXACT story! Tabletop opened my eyes a little over a year or so ago, and now I have remodeled a section of my basement to be a permanent gaming room with over 100 games on the nearby shelves.
Crazy how this can spiral out of control so fast!

Next thing you know you are subscribing to forums like this just to hear a little something about another good game coming out even though you haven't played through all the ones on your shelves yet! Ha!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Segoviano
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrranch wrote:
Ha! I know that EXACT story! Tabletop opened my eyes a little over a year or so ago, and now I have remodeled a section of my basement to be a permanent gaming room with over 100 games on the nearby shelves.
Crazy how this can spiral out of control so fast!

Next thing you know you are subscribing to forums like this just to hear a little something about another good game coming out even though you haven't played through all the ones on your shelves yet! Ha!
I understand the feeling completely. It started with me rewatching an old episode of Totally Rad Show last year. Smash Up started my gaming addiction alongside with King of Tokyo. Man, how time and money flies by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
One thing I've been wondering is that in Power Up! expansion rulebook said that monster types will have a use in later expansion - will there be another King of Tokyo expansion or does it mean that we can use the same monsters in King of NY (which would be the 'expansion' but also stand-alone)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Halloween expansion went out of its way to say it was Collector Pack 1 which tells us there is something more planned in the future for KoT. Iello said the monsters and scorers would be able to be used in either KoT or KoNY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just read this ....

http://www.spiele-offensive.de/Diskussion/1010444-King-of-To...

sorry it´s German but all in one it sounds like the new "King of Tokyo" Game reminds me of "Rampage"

So you can damage Buildings and Fight against the Military.

There will be 6 New Monsters and new cards.

The Cubes are a little bit different too, so the Numbers are gone and there will be Thinks like, Media-Popularity.

I hope there will be more official News soon!
I´m so excited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sin Sam
msg tools
Sounds like the dice have changed enough to render KoT Evolutions useless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Harris
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I can buy this if they have rendered my original useless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sin Sam
msg tools
Your original isn't useless. They are not fully compatible, anyway. When you are picking a game for the evening, You will simply be playing King of Tokyo (w/Kot Game board, Costumes, and Evolutions) OR King of New York (w/ KoNY game board.)

Known compatibility is as follows: All Monster Boards and Monster standees will be cross compatible. If you decide you dislike playing KoNY, buying the game will at least give you 6 new, evolutionless monsters for KoT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Sanchez
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So when is this game coming out, if at all???
Woot Woot sooooo seriously excited for this....can't freakin wait.....
Done with this series, I'll play the original and expansions only. If somebody in my gaming group buys it, so be it. I'm not wasting a dime on this, moving on to other games that "demand" more attention from their creators.
A time frame would have been nice...I may have even accepted some sort of compatability with this enormous wait....so be it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joelismymaster wrote:
So when is this game coming out, if at all???
Woot Woot sooooo seriously excited for this....can't freakin wait.....
Done with this series, I'll play the original and expansions only. If somebody in my gaming group buys it, so be it. I'm not wasting a dime on this, moving on to other games that "demand" more attention from their creators.
A time frame would have been nice...I may have even accepted some sort of compatability with this enormous wait....so be it.
I'm confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Sanchez
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I honestly lost all interest in this game.
No time frame, no news, taking months and months to hear anything. The new one has no compatibility with the old one.
It could come out tomorrow, xmas, ten years from now, I could care less.
Seems like he's more interested in Magic the gathering than updating any of this other popular games.
I'll take my gaming board business elsewhere, done with this series, seriously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jupklass Jupklass2
Spain
Pamplona
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joelismymaster wrote:
I honestly lost all interest in this game.
No time frame, no news, taking months and months to hear anything. The new one has no compatibility with the old one.
It could come out tomorrow, xmas, ten years from now, I could care less.
Seems like he's more interested in Magic the gathering than updating any of this other popular games.
I'll take my gaming board business elsewhere, done with this series, seriously.
I Think you are overreacting

I don´t know if he is working full time or not and I don´t even care. They told us that they have the idea and they are working on it. how much time will it take to develop and publish it? no idea.

As far as you may concern richard is the one who is "loosing money" is the game dosen´t come out so he is the one that may be worried about.

When he realise the game if i had money i will but it, if i had spend money on another game, well, sorry...

And i prefer the spend time making a good game that try to make it fast and bad just for the money
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would rather they take their time and release the new game when they're ready.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [6] |