Grant Fikes
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
In the base game, there's no advantage to this, but in the Bio-Terrorist challenge there is one potential advantage to this.

Quote:
Sabotage
Remove a Research Station in your city, discarding an Infection card whose color matches this city. Return the Research Station to the supply.

Quote:
Remove a Research Station

Having more than one research station in the same city would make it harder to sabotage (and is most easily conceivable with the Operations Expert role).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guntis
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what terrorists do. They get in your head and make you fear. Sure. Make an extra research station in every city you place one. Spend those valuable actions just to ensure your building stands. But maybe you could do something good for team and the humanity. Prevent city from outbreak. Give to your teammate one last missing card to discover the cure. The time is short. Will it pay off?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll probably get an official word, but looking at the rulebooks, I don't see anything against building multiple Research Stations in the same city.

Next time I play Op Ex I'm gonna build three research stations as my first actions to cause an outbreak of them whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
You can build more than one research station in a city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Fikes
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I Eat Tables wrote:
Next time I play Op Ex I'm gonna build three research stations as my first actions to cause an outbreak of them whistle

If an outbreak of research stations causes you to run out of them, do you lose as with a disease? o_O
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Extended warranty?

For those of you who think this ain't necessary but are knocking this... mums the word, as this does work to your advantage if you'll play as the Bio-Terrorist

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.