Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick and I explained Knizia's bidding classic to Garth and Kevin and off we went. We played the Vickery Variant which shuffles out the doublers equally, them being so powerful. Lite Metal went hard and fast in the first two rounds. Krypto came good in the last two. The others were middling. Bidding was outrageous which was fun to watch, especially Garth's. Everyone picked up paintings along the way, including a few bank buys, but I think I bought least, which is often a winning strategy but only just this time. In a close finish which had Kevin pulling his hair out as he realised ...

Scores: Pat 497, Kevin 495, Nick 346, Garth 272

A rating of 7 after 6 plays for 'good game, usually willing to play'. It needs equally experienced gamers for it to shine, but other times it's still fun ramping up the auction prices, declaring Gitter's absolute dogs, and lavishing praise on the Yoko's. Zipp! Whoom!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.