Smash Up» Forums » Rules

Subject: Base Ability Timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
r0t1 prata
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you give an example of a base and its ability, makes it easier to understand which one you're talking about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Meyers
United States
Central Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Without knowing the specific card you're talking about, it's hard to say for sure. However, generally, they text on all cards, whether races or bases, is explicit about when powers/abilities apply. The bases should specifically say "before scoring" or "after scoring" when considering their effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
KrynnDeathKnight wrote:
Ninja Dojo had first mate played on it, does the winner get to choose which minion to destroy before or after first mate moves.
Both of those cards happen after the base is scored and the rules say:
Quote:
If multiple effects happen at the same time,
the player whose turn it is determines
their order.

And I'm not sure of the particulars of your situation but If you're wondering if First Mate can escape destruction by moving the answer is he can't. Ninja Dojo says the winner may destroy any one minion not any one minion at this base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
KrynnDeathKnight wrote:
I know he can't escape being destroyed but in our game last night it was important to know if he could move first because it mattered which minion was destroyed and the player wanted to see where the first mate went before choosing his target.

I used the rule you quoted from the rulebook, but I wasnt sure if the base ability happened before anything else.
Ok, cool. I wasn't sure if that's what you were getting at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.