Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Thunderstone» Forums » Rules

Subject: Thunderstone Base Set - Going through the rules for the first time and ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Regis K.
France
Niederbronn
Alsace
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

So i'm going through the Thunderstone Base Set Rules (as found here : http://www.alderac.com/thunderstonerules.pdf) for the first time and :

1. Page 4, Visit the Village, point 2. : "You can use some, none, or all of the Effects on a card in any order you choose, making sure not to use Effects from destroyed cards."

2. Page 16, the Village Example (second column) : "So, Sue decides to make one last play before buying, and uses the second ability of the Barkeep to generate 2 Gold. Since this destroys the Barkeep, she won’t be able to count the 1 Gold it would have given her. But, with the 2 Gold she gets from destroying the card, she still ends up with 10 Gold to spend. With that 10 Gold she buys a Short Sword and Banish , using the extra purchase allowed from the Barkeep’s first ability"

That seems a little contradictory to me.
I found several posts on BGG and other sites (ex : http://thunderstone.wikia.com/wiki/Barkeep) that say : "Additional purchase options remain even if the Barkeep is destroyed before these purchases are made. "

Well ok, but it still sounds like an exception to the 1st point rule (making sure not to use Effects from destroyed cards).

Is there an official answer to this question ?
Are there other exceptions ?
Did i misunderstood something ?
Do Effects stack (and thus survive even after the card which generated them is destroyed during the same turn) ?
What is the meaning of life ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stivers
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ask yourself what is the ability if the barkeep? You don't get the gold printed on the upper left because you are destroying it. If the barkeep destroy effect says gain 2 gold and extra buy, then that's what u do.

Life is what u make it and don't let anyone tell u different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

In my read of it, the first effect changes the whole turn. So even if the card is gone you still have the effect it generated. If it had not been triggered already, then it would be lost like the gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.