Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Serious Flaw rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Scott
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hello people. I was checking out the characters in the core game and the expansion and noticed that there's no Luke Cage, Namor or Dr Strange. I know this somewhat petty but it agitates me greatly that I can't do a Heroes for Hire(Luke Cage and Iron Fist) or Defenders(Dr Strange, Hulk, Namor, Silver Surfer) teamups

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Poll
Hmm.. You called it both a serious flaw in your subject and somewhat petty in your description...
Which is it?
Serious flaw
Somewhat petty
      115 answers
Poll created by Matt Boehland

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Borders
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somewhat seriously petty flaw?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Dennison
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt wrote:
Hmm.. You called it both a serious flaw in your subject and somewhat petty in your description...

Answer: A very misleading title for a thread about something that is rather petty and not a flaw....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthofZA wrote:
Matt wrote:

Answer: A very misleading title for a thread about something that is rather petty and not a flaw....

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casert Arien
Canada
flag msg tools
since I wasted 40 seconds reading this thread, I'll waste another 56 seconds writing this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horrid Beast wrote:
ShastaHawk wrote:
Hello people. I was checking out the characters in the core game and the expansion and noticed that there's no Luke Cage, Namor or Dr Strange. I know this somewhat petty but it agitates me greatly that I can't do a Heroes for Hire(Luke Cage and Iron Fist) or Defenders(Dr Strange, Hulk, Namor, Silver Surfer) teamups

All in good time. Iron Fist comes in the Dark City expansion.

Yeah, just wait a year or two. They can't jam 50 characters in the very first set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
or play with the custom ones that have been made..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
Horrid Beast wrote:
ShastaHawk wrote:

All in good time. Iron Fist comes in the Dark City expansion.

Yeah, just wait a year or two. They can't jam 50 characters in the very first set.

Well, they could release a £1000 deck building game with every marvel character as the first set, but it wouldn't sell nearly as many copies =P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Martin
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I'm a big Defenders fan, and I also love playing the solo variant, so I've been hoping for a Namor and Dr. Strange set so that (along with Hulk) I could play the original 3 in a few scenarios. A few weeks ago I trounced Apocalypse in the Goblin Queen scenario with a team of Hulk, Angel, and Iceman, and later realized it was my first all-Defenders team.

Slowly, but surely, we're getting more Defenders. Angel, Iceman, and Hawkeye were all Defenders for significant periods of time. Hulk was one of the originals of ourse. And the FF expansion will bring Silver Surfer into the mix. I guess Iron Fist was in one of the latest incarnations of the team, though I didn't read that series. I am surprised, with his increased popularity, that we haven't had a Luke Cage card set yet, but I'm sure it's on its way (he was a Defender too).

I expect it's only a matter of time before we see Namor and Dr. Strange. There are a lot of signs that a Doctor Strange film will be part of the Phase 3 Marvel movies, so they'll definitely have a Dr. Strange card set eventually. Maybe there will be a mystic-themed expansion with characters like Doctor Strange, Brother Voodoo, Daimon Hellstrom, etc.

A Defenders expansion would blow my mind, but yeah, I'm not holding my breath. There would be great masterminds and villain groups like Nebulon and the Headmen. And Nebulon. And the Headmen. And the elf with the gun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.