Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marisue: 214
Terence: 117

I've been dying to play this game again since the last time we played, which was only a week or so ago. Although the previous game was somewhat agonizing to play due to the way the cards came up, I still rather enjoyed it, and was holding out hopes that the game would be more enjoyable if the cards were better shuffled.

Happily, I was right, and the game was far more fast paced this time than it was before. With the cards more randomized than the first time, the opportunities to play a card instead of being forced to discard one at a penalty were much more prevalent.

Like the last game, we kept the list of tables that had become filled up and discarded an open list. This time it was very rare that the same table came up twice in a row. I think during the whole game there was only ever one point where two tables of the same nationality were in play at the same time.

Marisue made great strides in snatching points up, including quite a few times where she drew a card, then I would draw the same card, allowing her to play it just where I was hoping to be able to get rid of it. She even managed to loop around completely and pass me on the crib board that we were using to keep score.

The game ended when Marisue was forced to draw the last card from the deck of people. At this point, there were only two tables left in the stack of table cards. Both Mexican tables.

Sadly for me, I ended up with a hand of mostly mexican cards, and so was caught with those at a bunch of other useless cards that I was forced to draw.

Still a great game, and I was tempted to start another game right away, but I wanted to play something else first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.