Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marisue: 10
Terence: 7

We recently picked up Elasund, the second game in the Catan Adventures line. Dan wanted to play it on Saturday but we ran out of time, so we loaned it to him. However this was a good reminder that it had been quite some time since we'd played Candamir, so we pulled that out to play next.

We played this game quite a bit when we first got it (although only one of those plays occured since we started keeping regular session reports), but since it had been a while I had to skim through the rules to make sure we weren't forgetting anything. And then the race was on!

During the game, I managed to take a bit of an early lead by being the first to collect three bags of seeds, thus securing for me the extra victory point. For a while Marisue tried to fight for that cube, building extra items and finding animals in the fields to try and steal it away. This kept me on my toes trying to keep one step ahead of her.

Eventually she stopped trying to fight for that and branched out into other areas. My real downfall came when she managed to collect three of the four items in the game (I was only able to collect the bow). With her extra stat boosts she quickly finished several adventures to become the Hero of Catan. She then managed to build a chest, which was what I was building up the items to do next.

This screwed me a fair bit, since in order to build the chest I had to first build a window covering in order to set up the next chest space. So I set off in an attempt to collect the extra resources that I would need.

I set off for a close destination, hoping to encounter some bears or wolves along the way that would give me the resources I needed quickly.

Things took a turn for the worse when I did in fact encounter the beasts that I needed, but managed to fail every single die roll. Not only did I not get the resources that I was hoping for, but the reduced stamina (and lack of a healing potion) put me in a position where it would take an extra turn to get to my final destination.

Before that could happen, Marisue managed to get her last cube onto the board for the win.

It was a close one, but foiled by the dice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.