Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never played Duel of ages but decided to order the base set. Should the master set be available for the foreseeable future or should I grab it while I can? I am just worried that as a small company it may go out of print and I will regret not going all in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
Play the base. You will know after a play or two.

With that in mind i bought base and master at the same time and love it.

The master is simply more of everything. The base is also big so you cant go wrong waiting a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bholmes4 wrote:
I have never played Duel of ages but decided to order the base set. Should the master set be available for the foreseeable future or should I grab it while I can? I am just worried that as a small company it may go out of print and I will regret not going all in.
Yes it will. They sold out the first half very quickly but he has already been discussing a reprint and there will also be more expansions in the future so there's no problem or rush at all.

He will of course want to sell as much as he can =P, the first book just came out to.

The basic set is a complete game of it's own and got enough content for being stand-alone game. Sure after a while you'll recognize the weapons or know what can happen / the tests (and sure you'll do the same if you play the master set enough to =P) but in normal games that's the case so nothing different there.

The master set is almost only just more of the same. Weapons and such I don't feel vary all that much but you get more Lith tests and "game states" which score you achivements. You also get what I'd say is more advanced / complicated characters and the henchmen of course which are somewhat weaker (?) characters which you can get as allies but to use the alliance key in the first place you need to setup a big game so chances are you won't be using them anyway. Plus there's the second challenge deck (just the same just that each team can have theirs) and the different colored / time platters for that additional strategy having different colored/timed terrain brings to the game.

But just get the base game especially if it doesn't matter from a shipping cost perspective and try it out. No need to have all right now and then you can decide later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Henders
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Now with cheese!
mbmbmbmbmb
The base game certainly has plenty of play value, but if you like the game you will want the master set. It is just overflowing with gaming goodness.

Anything worth being done is worth being overdone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.