Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Snertz
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a proud kickstarter and my game should be arriving next week. However I'm starting to wonder if I have enough deck builders. I am a huge fan of Dominion (+expansions) but I ended up not liking Thunder Stone. I enjoyed the theme which Dominion is clearly lacking, but I found that the game could stagnate if the kingdom (or was it "market"?) cards were weak or did not combo well. I've seen the complaint floated that for HoM, with some card combinations you just aren't going to win, or is it because we don't really know how to play it yet? I do like Puzzle Strike a lot as well. I'm worried this game is more like TS than Dom or PS. I'm tempted to leave it in the shrink for sale or trade. What do you think? Will I like it? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a few games of it at Gencon and it's not a combo heavy game. We found that in order to win (something we didn't manage to do) you need to look kind of at the end game, what will you need to defeat the bad guy. Then work your way backwards to come up with a strategy of cards to get you to that point. The game is certainly not easy, which was refreshing. We liked the concept of coming up with your own hero and thought that was pretty cool. Also unlike other deck builders you really are trying to be conservative with your card buys in this game. Deck strategy is very important. To many cards and you simply won't be able to deal enough damage to the end boss. You need to be able to get your damage output gathered for the final blow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.