Subject: The Satellite Uplink - Blog Updated - Cracking the Code with Kit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Hi all,

Just a note to point towards the new blog I have just set up, in which I will be putting down my thoughts, strategies, tips, decks and anecdotes from Netrunner.

http://thesatelliteuplink.blogspot.co.uk/

You're probably going to find that I base a lot of my blogs on discussions that I have on the BGG forums as they help me crystallise and road-test my ideas.

I'll probably wind up tackling the Data Hound soon

Hope you enjoy, and any feedback is welcomed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Re: New Blog: The Satellite Uplink
While I don't intend on spamming General every ten minutes like an excitable puppy I will occasionally bump this up when a new article or two has been published.

Like now, as I discuss the convention of playing 49 cards in Corp decks...
http://thesatelliteuplink.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/corp-deckbu...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin White
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You've done a bang up job thus far of summarizing some fairly contentious threads here in very readable manner. I'm looking forward to content that I haven't read before, but for Netrunner players who don't obsessively read the threads on BGG you've produced a fine resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
benjibot wrote:
You've done a bang up job thus far of summarizing some fairly contentious threads here in very readable manner. I'm looking forward to content that I haven't read before, but for Netrunner players who don't obsessively read the threads on BGG you've produced a fine resource.

Cheers!

I think there are at least SOME Netrunner players who don't use BGG but yes you're right - at the moment there's a lot of content I can produce that's catching up on decks/discussions I've already had. Once that's all out there I will be generating fresher material.

I imagine I will often be discussing my topics on BGG, though. There are guys on here who know a lot about Netrunner and it's always helpful to have their input/experiences feeding in. It would be pretty arrogant to think I know better than the combined knowledge/experience of BGG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
I've just added the second part of my look at the 100,000 OCTGN games, this time looking at the Runner stats.
http://thesatelliteuplink.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/psychograph...

Kate McCaffrey is the most popular Runner ID since C&C. BUT only the 3rd most popular among players winning >55% of games.

Gabriel Santiago is played half as often as Andromeda but has a better win rate.

In many ways there's no significant difference between the best Runner IDs, where the Corp IDs were wildly different.

:-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
A final look at that wonderful OCTGN data, looking at deck size:
http://thesatelliteuplink.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/psychograph...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Re: The Satellite Uplink - Blog Updated - OCTGN Deck Size vs Win Rate
Recent posts:

Three Phases of Netrunner
Opening Moves Set Review - Runners (better late than never)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Re: The Satellite Uplink - Blog Updated - OCTGN Deck Size vs Win Rate
After a month off, I pick up and look at different versions of the Kit archetype...
http://thesatelliteuplink.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/rielle-kit-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Thomas
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I had solid success with the following two weekends ago:

Programs

3x Magnum Opus
2x Self-Modifying Code

Icebreakers

1x Crypsis
3x Cyber-Cypher
1x Femme Fatale*
1x Mimic*
1x Snowball

Hardware

1x Akamatsu Mem Chip
1x Clone Chip
2x Dinosaurus
3x Plascrete Carapace

Resources

3x Same Old Thing

Events

2x Account Siphon ********
3x Diesel
1x Escher
2x The Maker's Eye
3x Modded
1x Quality Time
2x Scavenge
3x Sure Gamble
3x Test Run
3x Tinkering

This deck is horribly un-tuned (it needs more Mem Chips rather than Dinosaurus, for instance-- I totally forgot that you cannot put a Crypsis on Dino, so Omni-Drive actually ends up being straight up better for this build). Still, it did solid work-- went 3-1 in the event with the 1 being a somewhat unlucky loss to an NBN that somehow managed to draw 2 Astroscripts in between a significant amount of R&D pressure (which scored the third).

Account Siphon is nuts for Kit, particularly when they don't see it coming. Any 1-ice HQ is wide open to you. If she had 12 influence I'd run 3 Siphons and, I dunno, Pipeline or something. Or try to shoehorn Cloak and Dagger in. I actually toyed with doing that anyway, but memory started becoming a serious problem. It's already a serious problem for the deck as it is, because your long-term economy is Opus. You don't so much mind overwrites, because you have six ways to get a program out of your heap. It's still annoying, though. You never really have "a final rig" set up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sutcliffe
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
PaulThomas wrote:
I had solid success with the following two weekends ago:

Programs

3x Magnum Opus
2x Self-Modifying Code

Icebreakers

1x Crypsis
3x Cyber-Cypher
1x Femme Fatale*
1x Mimic*
1x Snowball

Hardware

1x Akamatsu Mem Chip
1x Clone Chip
2x Dinosaurus
3x Plascrete Carapace

Resources

3x Same Old Thing

Events

2x Account Siphon ********
3x Diesel
1x Escher
2x The Maker's Eye
3x Modded
1x Quality Time
2x Scavenge
3x Sure Gamble
3x Test Run
3x Tinkering

This deck is horribly un-tuned (it needs more Mem Chips rather than Dinosaurus, for instance-- I totally forgot that you cannot put a Crypsis on Dino, so Omni-Drive actually ends up being straight up better for this build). Still, it did solid work-- went 3-1 in the event with the 1 being a somewhat unlucky loss to an NBN that somehow managed to draw 2 Astroscripts in between a significant amount of R&D pressure (which scored the third).

Account Siphon is nuts for Kit, particularly when they don't see it coming. Any 1-ice HQ is wide open to you. If she had 12 influence I'd run 3 Siphons and, I dunno, Pipeline or something. Or try to shoehorn Cloak and Dagger in. I actually toyed with doing that anyway, but memory started becoming a serious problem. It's already a serious problem for the deck as it is, because your long-term economy is Opus. You don't so much mind overwrites, because you have six ways to get a program out of your heap. It's still annoying, though. You never really have "a final rig" set up.

I've enjoyed seeing the responses to my post about Kit. It seems like it has encouraged people to share their own versions of Kit decks and it's great that they're all a bit difference to one another. Nice to see!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.