Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Zombicide Season 2: Prison Outbreak» Forums » Rules

Subject: Line of sight from the observation tower rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
phillip moss
msg tools
Can you see over buildings or just down the street? Are you higher than the buildings?
Example: mission MO1. Observation tower on tile 2p. Do I have line of sight on tile 1p even though there is a building there? Or is the building on 3p the same height as the tower?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Edwards
United States
Union
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rules don't indicate that any change to line of sight is made. Only benefit similar to this would be the +1 modification to range while in the tower.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phillip moss
msg tools
So the observation tower on that map is useless when you pick up the sniper rifle.
Quoted from rulebook under Observation tower/extra zones.
observation tower tokens allow survivors to CLIMB OUT OF REACH OF COMMON ZOMBIES and cull the infected numbers by SHOOTING IN ALL DIRECTIONS. Beware, though, not to get surrounded.

seems to me your above the ground level and can shoot in 360 degrees. I guess diagonal lines don't count cause of the shooting in a straight line? They seem to contradict each other is where I'm getting at
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't say it is useless when you have the sniper rifle. Getting into an area that you can pick off zombies without worry of getting attacked, seems like a pretty cool thing to me.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pmcnasty wrote:
So the observation tower on that map is useless when you pick up the sniper rifle.

The sniper rifle is no more useful, in terms of range, than any other ranged weapon from the tower in that scenario. The same goes for M10, but there you get the benefit of shooting in 4 directions. It'll be up to you or others to create a scenario where placing the tower at the end of (and in) a street utilizes the benefit of extended range.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Hanneman
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
longagoigo wrote:
pmcnasty wrote:
So the observation tower on that map is useless when you pick up the sniper rifle.

The sniper rifle is no more useful, in terms of range, than any other ranged weapon from the tower in that scenario. The same goes for M10, but there you get the benefit of shooting in 4 directions. It'll be up to you or others to create a scenario where placing the tower at the end of (and in) a street utilizes the benefit of extended range.


Agreed. We noticed the observation tower is not a real strategic choice in mission one, but I foresee it being more strategic in later missions.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OdontoMajoris wrote:
We noticed the observation tower is not a real strategic choice in mission one, but I foresee it being more strategic in later missions.

This is actually a very good point (especially in real life). Just because something is there doesn't mean that it is beneficial or needs to be utilized.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The obervation tower breaks scenario 1 in half.

Just put one Survivor in it, lock the cell dors again and wait until alle Zombies are on the board. Then sneak around them with the other survivors. Extra activations will not kill the survivor on the tower because they cannot move onto it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beckikaze wrote:
The obervation tower breaks scenario 1 in half.

Just put one Survivor in it, lock the cell dors again and wait until alle Zombies are on the board. Then sneak around them with the other survivors. Extra activations will not kill the survivor on the tower because they cannot move onto it.


I think you're playing it wrong.

I believe you're meant to first collect all the red objectives, then whatever survivors remain alive at that point must all return into the main part of the prison and clear it of zombies.

Not so easy now?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.