Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Frahm
United States
Queen Creek
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
There is a growing group of "us" that would like to purchase "El Grande" and know that Hans Im Gluck holds the rights. Have you acquired the rights to this title as well? Can you comment on the possibility of a reprint?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sophie Gravel
Canada
Canada
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Brian,

Yes there is. Hans im Gluck is working on a big box edition of El Grande . As soon as they are ready, we will join.

Sophie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Frahm
United States
Queen Creek
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
SophieGravel wrote:
Brian,

Yes there is. Hans im Gluck is working on a big box edition of El Grande . As soon as they are ready, we will join.

Sophie

Sophie - you are on top of things! I didn't mean for you to have to respond on Facebook AND here! Thanks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
SophieGravel wrote:
Hans im Gluck is working on a big box edition of El Grande

any details on what it will contain? will it have everything (base and expansions) that the 10th anniversary edition contains? maybe more?

will it be out in 2014 or are they timing it to be out for the 20th anniversary, ie. 2015?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bordelon
United States
Deerfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm also very interested in this, as I haven't had a chance to play the now out of print game. Any update on when we could expect this? Looking forward to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Moore
United States
Elmhurst
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SophieGravel wrote:
Hans im Gluck is working on a big box edition of El Grande .

Yippie Dippie. I know a certain Game club at a certain community college that is going to go ga ga on this.

Sign me up for 4 copies (any discount for a game club?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Windmilling wrote:
(any discount for a game club?)

the bigger question is who isn't in at least one game club?!

in any case unless you plan to buy directly from the publisher (Z-Man) it's your local or online game store(s) you want to ask about any kind of volume discount
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Moore
United States
Elmhurst
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
Windmilling wrote:
(any discount for a game club?)

the bigger question is who isn't in at least one game club?!

Touche.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
No offense but wouldn't this change simply result in the game going from Rio Grande not printing it to Zman not printing it? I don't see the "win" here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never Knows Best wrote:
No offense but wouldn't this change simply result in the game going from Rio Grande not printing it to Zman not printing it? I don't see the "win" here.

???

see Re: Any chance you will get the rights to "El Grande"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
JeffyJeff wrote:
Never Knows Best wrote:

???

Perhaps I should be less vague... I'm not saying Zman is going to have any problems aquiring the rights to the game...

I'm saying with Zman's recent problems of getting games printed and/or reprinted, how long is it going to be, post rights-acquisition, before Zman actualy releases it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never Knows Best wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
Never Knows Best wrote:

???

Perhaps I should be less vague... I'm not saying Zman is going to have any problems aquiring the rights to the game...

I'm saying with Zman's recent problems of getting games printed and/or reprinted, how long is it going to be, post rights-acquisition, before Zman actualy releases it.

your answers are in Sophie's post... and obviously it all hinges on HiG but according to Sophie HiG has it in the works

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I guess maybe I need a translation on the "we will join" lingo but the concern remains on the logistics...

The progression is:
1. Hans is working on a "Big Box" El Grande
2. Said big box needs to be "completed" first (assuming this means he is figuring out what is going to go into the box, a revamp on the rules, etc.)
3. It sounds like the rights to the title are not purchased yet. They would need to be purchased.
4. Since it's likely Zman has not yet figured out what components are going to be in this box (since Hans hasn't completed it yet), nor have they acquired the rights, it's safe to assume Zman has not yet begun printing.
5. Once the above is completed, Zman would have to figure out the logistics of a print run and print it - and print it in a manner that makes it available to we, majority.

Since a lot of the print runs of late for Zman have been late, canceled, or under-printed, is it really that wrong to worry about it?

I mean, if everything goes fantastically and it's out before Christmas, so much the better and I'll be wrong and we'll all be happy - but I reserve my right to be a tad skeptical until some of this starts to shake loose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never Knows Best wrote:
I guess maybe I need a translation on the "we will join" lingo but the concern remains on the logistics...

The progression is:
1. Hans is working on a "Big Box" El Grande

affirmative according to Sophie

Quote:
2. Said big box needs to be "completed" first (assuming this means he is figuring out what is going to go into the box, a revamp on the rules, etc.)

he? I would assume HiG is the one deciding what to put in the box, not the designer

Quote:
3. It sounds like the rights to the title are not purchased yet. They would need to be purchased.

??? I would assume HiG already has the rights, I don't think Z-Man needs to do anything on this front except buying by HiG

Quote:
4. Since it's likely Zman has not yet figured out what components are going to be in this box (since Hans hasn't completed it yet), nor have they acquired the rights, it's safe to assume Zman has not yet begun printing.

sounds like Z-Man would do just same as RGG would do... as Sophie wrote..

"Yes there is. Hans im Gluck is working on a big box edition of El Grande . As soon as they are ready, we will join"

ie. Z-Man will join the print run, along with other publishes for other languages and/or countries...
Quote:
5. Once the above is completed, Zman would have to figure out the logistics of a print run and print it - and print it in a manner that makes it available to we, majority.

..... Z-Man wouldn't be doing their own print run. Economy of scale.

Quote:
Since a lot of the print runs of late for Zman have been late, canceled, or under-printed, is it really that wrong to worry about it?

you'll need to be more specific. Are we talking other titles with which Z-Man was supposed to partner up with HiG? If not then we are talking apples and oranges.

Quote:
I mean, if everything goes fantastically and it's out before Christmas, ....

By xmas if you mean before the 2013 holiday season, lol, no way *any* publisher could turn out a product that fast. If you are talking by end of 2014 then maybe... as I asked Sophie above, I would imagine they may be looking more like a 2015 release to correspond with the 20th anniversary of the game.

Quote:
... so much the better and I'll be wrong and we'll all be happy - but I reserve my right to be a tad skeptical until some of this starts to shake loose.

I don't think anyone is holding their breath at this point, definitely sounds optimistic, but obviously also not guaranteed.

In any case I'm as much in the dark as you are, I could completely wrong, am misunderstanding Sophie by what she means when she said "As soon as they are ready, we will join". I just know that if/when it becomes more inevitable and what will be included (ie. same as 10th anniversary edition and/or even more) only then will I try to sell my 10th anniversary copy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Resurrecting this thread a bit... just wondering if there's been any news on this front since november?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Graham
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobnabob wrote:
Resurrecting this thread a bit... just wondering if there's been any news on this front since november?

Yes please! This game needs a reprint badly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Farnè
Italy
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Up!
I'm waiting for a reprint but not only in german language!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also interested!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Harriman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SophieGravel wrote:
Brian,

Sophie

Heard any news on El Grande reprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus Høygaard Jensen
Denmark
Copenhagen
Denmark, Europe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i want it too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Robben
Belgium
Antwerp
Antwerp
flag msg tools
And here...
badge
I should really add something smart and sparkly here.
mbmbmbmbmb
framebrain wrote:
There is a growing group of "us" that would like to purchase "El Grande" and know that Hans Im Gluck holds the rights. Have you acquired the rights to this title as well? Can you comment on the possibility of a reprint?

Or Egizia...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Allen
msg tools
mbmbmb
just throwing my voice in saying that I want a reprint of this game too. the used copies for sail are so high, I just need a sweet new edition to throw my money at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni
United States
MINNEAPOLIS
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also in the will buy if it's re-printed boat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Arntz
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dutch game publisher 999 games has on its site an announcement of El Grande Big Box 'comming soon.'

Translation of the text on that site:

"Big [box] edition to celebrate the 20th anniversary of El Grande, the strategic board game that was a real bestseller in the Netherlands.

You try to influence different regions in Spain in the Middle Ages. In order to do so, you put your Grande and caballero on the board or throw them into the Castillo. Each turn, everyone plays one power card, that determines the turn order as well as the number of Caballeros you'll get. When you play the highest power card, you must first choose an action card, which manipulates the situation on the board. At 3 general censuses and several additional counts the players receive points for their positions in the regions.

The El Grande Big Box contains a deluxe edition of the basic game all extensions that have ever appeared before this game: Grand Inquisitor & Colonies, Grandissimo, Anniversary Extension, King & Intrigant, King & Intrigant: Players' Edition and King & Intrigant: Special cards.

El Grande, a strategic board game without dice!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Harriman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that is promising!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.