Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. D
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi -

Just played 1st game of A:NR using suggested starter decks: Kate vs. Jinteki - and had a question.

The runner accessed Snare! from R&D. The corp triggered its ability to damage and tag the runner. Does Snare! go back to the top of R&D or is it discarded?

thanks,
-TR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Smithy

Wheaton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would go back to the top of RnD if the runner chooses not to trash it (after the ability fired). Seeing as how the trash cost is 0, though, there wouldn't be many times where the runner would not want to trash snare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tubarush wrote:
The runner accessed Snare! from R&D. The corp triggered its ability to damage and tag the runner. Does Snare! go back to the top of R&D or is it discarded?

Only if the runner chooses to trash it afterward. The cost is 0, though, so it's a gimme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
It has a trash cost of 0, so the runner would likely choose to trash it. Otherwise, it would go back on top of RnD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Berton
Canada
flag msg tools
After Snare! triggers, the Runner may pay its trash cost to send it to Archives. Since Snare! has a trash cost of 0, the Runner will always choose to trash it. I suppose the Runner could decline to do so, but I can't think of why that would be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the silver medal! Grats to all of my fellow ninjas: ninjaninjaninjaninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Smithy

Wheaton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tberton wrote:
After Snare! triggers, the Runner may pay its trash cost to send it to Archives. Since Snare! has a trash cost of 0, the Runner will always choose to trash it. I suppose the Runner could decline to do so, but I can't think of why that would be.

There is one case... The score is 5-5, you don't believe you opponent has any 1-pointers, they're playing HB, don't have a rezzed SanSan out, and have a hand of only a biotic labor.
EDIT: ... And you're not running RnD again this turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hdnggrnchrg wrote:
tberton wrote:

There is one case... The score is 5-5, you don't believe you opponent has any 1-pointers, they're playing HB, don't have a rezzed SanSan out, and have a hand of only a biotic labor.

...And you're not successfully running R&D again this turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It gets trickier when the Snare! is installed in a server with SanSan and corp has one or more Encryption Protocol rezzed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. D
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you all for the replies!!!

We failed to notice that it could be trashed, and so it went back to R&D - but that made it seem a bit of a dead card in my hand once I drew it on my next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Nuncheon

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Snares in your hand are good defenses for HQ, especially if the runner knows you have them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.