Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the only cheapass game I really don't like - the game play just seems wrong.

People have mentioned this before, but it's just too easy to blow up lairs, and there is no reason for not destroying your opponents lairs immediately. Specifically, you only score for capturing spies, which you can only do with a lair. If everyone keeps blowing up your lair cards as soon as you play them, you can never score. Why would you not want to blow up your enemies and stop them scoring?

The only way round this I can see would be a minimum lair size (2 or 3 cards) before anyone can attack that lair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this one fell flat with our group, too. Not sure why this game got the "Deluxe" treatment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great theme, but lousy game play. My experience has always been the same as yours, that lairs are just to hard to keep around. I don't know if the rerelease changed that or not.

The theme makes you want it to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Washington
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
Salt-Man Z wrote:
Yeah, this one fell flat with our group, too. Not sure why this game got the "Deluxe" treatment.

Probably the lawsuit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.