Apple Paul

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
(I posted this earlier but received no replies. So, forgive me trying one more time to see if anyone has any information on this annual gaming convention in Spain.)

Has anyone been to the annual Festival de Juegos in Cordoba, Spain?

What can you tell me about it?

How many people usually attend?

Do I have the 2013 dates correct: October 11, 12, 13?

Which European publishers show up to demo their new games?

The Festival de Juegos seems to be about 2 weeks before the Essen convention. Does that mean that you might "see" a new game here before Essen?

The reason I ask all these questions is that I am going to Essen this year, for the first time, but before Essen, I will be visiting Portugal and Spain, at approximately the time of this convention. Wondering if I should go.

I was also wondering if there are any regular game nights in Portugal or Spain (particularly Lisbon, Madrid, or Barcelona) that are okay to participate in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Paul.

I've been there twice and will be attending this year as well.

It's a lot of fun as there are tons of people playing and willing to learn new games. Also the place is really beautiful as it's not the typical fair place, but a building with the typical Córdoba "patios" style.

Your dates are correct

It's mainly a Spanish fair so you should see Devir (Catan and Carcassonne publisher in Spain), Asmodee, Ludonova (Village and Santiago de Cuba)...

Last year I was able to play Ragami there and it then made it to Essen so yes, there's a chance you may play some Essen games, although the place is not as big as to allow many new games showing.

As to game nights, in Madrid there's a bar called Play Bar (C/Donoso Cortés 6, Canal subway station) in which people are always willing to play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apple Paul

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the information! Sounds like a great gaming event. I do like to play games in beautiful places! Sorry for just a few more questions...

Is this THE number one game convention in Spain?

Do they award the Juego de Ano at the convention?

Is it hard to find a place to stay in Cordoba that weekend?

I will definitely try to attend...and make it to Play Bar in Madrid.

Anyone know of gaming spots in Lisbon and Barcelona...or other cities in Portugal and Spain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Córdoba is particularly important as they award the Juego del Año there. I don't know of other events in Spain with so many publishers and shops, apart from independent designers, so I'd say it might be one of the most important.

You will find a place to stay for sure and it will probably be close to the event.

We'll be waiting for you both in Córdoba and Play Bar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apple Paul

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for all the help with understanding the Festival de Juegos. Sounds like a great game convention!

I will do my best to see you in Cordoba...and Madrid!

Any other BGG'ers going to the Festival de Juegos?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Prieto
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

You can have a look to festivaldejuegoscordoba.es where you can find information about past editions. If you need some help searching for accomodation you only have to send a message. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.