Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve DeBaun
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Another pass on the Champion and Bannerman.

BANNERMAN

Focusing now on the banner, which now carries the official motto of the Marines of the Empire of Man.

CHAMPION

Gave him more bling, a cape, and a cybernetic eye.

OLD VERSIONS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
sdebaun wrote:
I've spent just a few minutes to slap together the first take on the Bannerman and the Champion, the two exclusive Kickstarter pieces.

BANNERMAN

This was the basic concept: marine with a banner. I think he needs more bling.

CHAMPION

This guy needs more bling as well. I think I'm going to give him a cape. And his head needs to look less like a potato, and more like a head.

I think the bannerman needs to hold the banner with both hands and make the banner square. Less stuff in the image itself, more banner/cowbell.

Champion:
Keep the potato-head. Make him swing a big-ass sword overhead with both hands. Make him fat, ugly and violent. Like my ex... (JK!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Müller
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
I agree the bannerman should hold the banner with both hands and no sword. It helps to distinguish his pics from other marines. Bigger square banner is also fine.

Champion could have hairs/cyberenhancements to avoid potatoe look. 2H energy sword also sounds great. Alternatively he could have a sword in one and a bolter in the other hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Upshaw
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Bannerman I would drop the sword and give him a gun. The unit has a ranged attack and its weapon should reflect that.

For the Champion “NO CAPES!” Have you not seen The Incredibles? For his head either some type of cybernetic enhancement or maybe a beret or soft cap for a different type of headgear than the rest of the soldiers. As he does not have a ranged attack how about a small pistol or hand grenade for his other hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve DeBaun
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
OK, I updated the images.

@Oliver: Sorry, this guy never saw The Incredibles.

Added a cybernetic eye and cape to the Champion. I still like him pointing. It's like, "YOU, YOURE GOING DOWN."

Changed up the Bannerman to focus on the banner. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
Much improved banner man.
He's slightly covered by the wound/cost boxes though.
Can you move him a bit backwards in the image and lean the banner forwards in some way?

Sort-of semi kinda like this but not as static and goofy?
Make him lean into the banner, give it some heft and move the marine away from cost/hit point boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.