Subject: Enchantment Transfusion Activation Times rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle K
Canada
SK
flag msg tools
Can I activate enchantment transfusion immediately after:

1)Can I move an essence drain after the opponent destroys the creature rather than paying the upkeep+2?
I am guessing NO

1.1)Can I transfer a ghoul rot during the upkeep phase immediately after it kills a creature? Same question for chains of agony(after the killing move), death link, ect.
I am guessing NO

2)Can I move a block to a creature immediately after an attack is declared in order to block said attack? The same question for jinx, nullify, reverse magic, and reverse attack.
I am guessing YES

3)Any other weird times? I know after damage dice are rolled, you can move things before the creature is destroyed.

4)Any legal unconventional uses of enchantment transfusion I haven't considered? Some examples: covering yourself with hidden curses, then transferring them to you opponent all at once, transferring an eagle wings between creatures to avoid a ground creature's melee attack, transferring enchantments out of range of a dispel/seeking dispel/ect, transferring damage barriers/retaliate/reverse attack to a target currently under attack.

(Yes, I know enchantment transfusion is not blocked by an enemy nullify.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No.

1.1. Still no.

2. Yes.

3. I really like the option of stacking curses on myself and then bypassing Nullify. With Enchanter's Ring, it doesn't even cost much mana (basically 1 more than casting the curses on your opponent in the first place if you space out the enchantment placement to 1/turn).

One thing to note about Eagle Wings is that a creature cannot gain flying during an attack, so you can transfer the enchantment pretty much whenever you want, but the creature won't gain flying after the attack has been initiated until the attack is resolved. You can still wait until the creature has activated, and moved into the same zone, then reveal/transfer Eagle Wings in order to prevent the attack from going off, but you can't cancel the attack once it's started in this manner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marvin England
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How does enchantment transfusion bypass Nullify? As I read both cards:

Nullify:
"When this creature is targeted by an incantation or enchantment spell controlled by an opponent, ..."

Enchantment Transfusion:
"...you may move any enchantments you control from this creature to one legal target creature..."

Since Enchantment Transfusion has the words "target creature" and Enchantment Transfusion is an enchantment controlled by an opponent, Nullify would prevent ALL enchantments from being transfused.

Has there been a ruling on this by Arcane Wonders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pcload1etter wrote:
How does enchantment transfusion bypass Nullify? As I read both cards:

Nullify:
"When this creature is targeted by an incantation or enchantment spell controlled by an opponent, ..."

Enchantment Transfusion:
"...you may move any enchantments you control from this creature to one legal target creature..."

Since Enchantment Transfusion has the words "target creature" and Enchantment Transfusion is an enchantment controlled by an opponent, Nullify would prevent ALL enchantments from being transfused.

Has there been a ruling on this by Arcane Wonders?

I have not seen an official ruling from Arcane Wonders yet.

Here is my take on the rationale being made here.

Enchantment Transfusion does not target the creature with Nullify during the Spell Casting step. The special effect of the card states "... you may move any enchantments...". Since 'moving' a spell is different than 'casting' a spell, the Nullify does not trigger.

It comes down to whether 'moving an enchantment to a legal target' is equivalent in meaning to 'When this creature is targeted by an incantation or enchantment'. The effect takes place in the Resolve Spell step so the Targeting decision has been made for this spell.

If the effect wording on Enchantment Transfusion said something like "you may cast existing enchantments from this creature to a new target at X mana cost...", then Nullify would be triggered because a new spell casting action must be resolved which requires the Targeting step to take place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marvin England
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After consulting with my attorney I was advised the use of the words: "target creature" would fulfill the nullify requirement that the creature is targeted by the enchantment.

(My attorney is my girlfriend who does contract and business law)

So be careful you're leaving yourself open to being sued.

Haha, anyway, I'll post up on Arcane Wonders forum and see what the official word is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nullify triggers during the counterspell step. There is no counterspell step to revealing an enchantment. Therefore, according to the rules as written, Enchantment Transfusion will not trigger Nullify if used to transfer enchantments to a Nullified creature (you can, of course, trigger Nullify if you cast Enchantment Transfusion on a creature with Nullify on it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.