Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Northeast

Subject: Looking to game more in Waltham MA rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
matthew Cassidy
United States
Waltham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Hi there! I live in Waltham and I'm always looking for more gaming opportunities. Lately I've been interested in C&C series (including Westeros), NetRunner(and other FF LCGs), Warhammer, and anything in my 'collection'. Let me know if you have good info! I already know that Pandemonium has a board game night. I'm hoping to find something closer to home.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matthew Cassidy
United States
Waltham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
What I really want is for Danger Planet to reopen!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Have you signed up for the Unity Games mailing list?

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Unity_Games/info
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morse
United States
Stoughton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Gengar in Hawaii
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan's right. You definitely want to get on the Unity Mailing list.

And don't dawdle, because there are three good events this week, assuming you're mobile and willing to travel 30 minutes or so to Plainville and/or Bellingham.

I'll be at Battleground on Wednesday, but I haven't decided yet how to resolve the conflict on Saturday. Argghhhh! Maybe split my time?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Eastwood
United States
Windham
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Chaos is a ladder
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm about 35 minutes away and would be up for gaming sometime - you can GM me.

I'm also a part of a larger gaming group that holds a monthly "all-Day" gaming event in Salem NH - the next one is on 9/21 at the American Legion starting at 1pm and goes until ~ midnight. Lookup the guild on BGG called "Lemarshalate".

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried meetup.com? I found the Greater Nashua Gamers Group through that site. I haven't joined any of their gaming sessions yet, but they schedule them regularly. Not in Waltham, but New Hampshire is just a short drive.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
notmatthew wrote:
What I really want is for Danger Planet to reopen!


When I discovered Danger Planet a few years ago, I ended up going there at least once or twice a week and buying about 4 or 5 games every time I went. I never did any gaming there, but I would often see people in there playing Magic and some other stuff.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert kircher
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corrino22 wrote:
Dan's right. You definitely want to get on the Unity Mailing list.

And don't dawdle, because there are three good events this week, assuming you're mobile and willing to travel 30 minutes or so to Plainville and/or Bellingham.

I'll be at Battleground on Wednesday, but I haven't decided yet how to resolve the conflict on Saturday. Argghhhh! Maybe split my time?



+1 Battleground

There are 10-18 of us who gather on the 2nd Wednesday of every month at Battleground games in Plainville MA. We play from when they open at noon till 10pm when they close.

This Saturday is has many groups having back to school game days. The Totalcon group will be at Battleground from 10am. They will have boardgame and role playing games.
Friendly Neighborhood Comics is also having a boardgame event as well. Matt should chime in with details.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Eastwood
United States
Windham
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Chaos is a ladder
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
joe_salamone wrote:
Have you tried meetup.com? I found the Greater Nashua Gamers Group through that site. I haven't joined any of their gaming sessions yet, but they schedule them regularly. Not in Waltham, but New Hampshire is just a short drive.


Yes - I'm a part of that group as well. Every Monday there's a meetup at Soho in Hudson, NH (off Rt 3). There are also all-day gaming sessions that occur 2-3 times a month.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eastwoodk wrote:
joe_salamone wrote:
Have you tried meetup.com? I found the Greater Nashua Gamers Group through that site. I haven't joined any of their gaming sessions yet, but they schedule them regularly. Not in Waltham, but New Hampshire is just a short drive.


Yes - I'm a part of that group as well. Every Monday there's a meetup at Soho in Hudson, NH (off Rt 3). There are also all-day gaming sessions that occur 2-3 times a month.


There's a group that meets at Barnes & Noble (DW Highway off of Rte. 3) every Saturday. I'm planning on going there soon.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
joe_salamone wrote:
eastwoodk wrote:
joe_salamone wrote:
Have you tried meetup.com? I found the Greater Nashua Gamers Group through that site. I haven't joined any of their gaming sessions yet, but they schedule them regularly. Not in Waltham, but New Hampshire is just a short drive.


Yes - I'm a part of that group as well. Every Monday there's a meetup at Soho in Hudson, NH (off Rt 3). There are also all-day gaming sessions that occur 2-3 times a month.


There's a group that meets at Barnes & Noble (DW Highway off of Rte. 3) every Saturday. I'm planning on going there soon.

they are both the same


http://www.meetup.com/New-England-Gamers/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom Goodsell
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
notmatthew wrote:
What I really want is for Danger Planet to reopen!


Amen
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Brown
United States
Middleton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
notmatthew wrote:
I'm hoping to find something closer to home.


You might check out http://www.meetup.com/Boston-social-strategy-gamers/
They meet at Pandemonium as you mentioned, but they also occasionally meet at Panera near Alewife. At least that's on the closer side of Cambridge to you. They have plenty of members, so you might find a subset willing to meet a little further out. Good luck. Oh, one of the Panera meet ups is tommorow night.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you could organize some gaming days . . . based on the responses so far, it seems like there are a few people close to Waltham who might show up . . . whistle

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.