Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An Event Card is played and stipulates that only ground and air units may be activated. The opposing side chooses to conduct a roll of the die for reaction and is successful. Does the opposing side then also need to abide by the ground/air restriction on the EC? I would think the answer would be no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Storzillo
United States
Wayne
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You would be correct by saying "No". The reaction player is under no such restriction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob.Gibson wrote:
An Event Card is played and stipulates that only ground and air units may be activated. The opposing side chooses to conduct a roll of the die for reaction and is successful. Does the opposing side then also need to abide by the ground/air restriction on the EC? I would think the answer would be no.

Correct, the answer is no...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkHerman wrote:
Bob.Gibson wrote:

Correct, the answer is no...

For those seeing this thread after the 2nd reprint, NOTHING has changed, this is still the correct answer.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark rutherford
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I'm currently at the bottom of the learning curve for EotS, but full of enthusiasm.

In the comprehensive example of play, turn 2, the Japanese player uses Col. Tsugi, Unit 82 "jungle warfare" as an event card.

The card restricts activations to Japanese ground units only.

So I understand how 15th and 25th armies move.

But how is the Japanese player able to activate 22 airforce and Kongo 2 (which subsequently declares a battle hex)?

I know it's a total noob question, but what am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Conversation on CSW about this:

Quote:

This may have been answered before, but I was reading the example of play on page 43 . The Japanese player uses card #3 as an EC , which has a condition that only ground units can be activated . Yet the player activates the Kongo and an air flotilla . How is this possible ?

Martin, if I remember well Mark said that the example is not correct in simulating the exact event, it's useful as example of how activations and movement-combat is done.

The printed rules have a reference that is not in the posted rules that this was done for illustrative purposes.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark rutherford
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thanks Darrell

It does use the words "for example purposes only" in the rules.
Thanks very much for clearing that up for me. Much appreciated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.