Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve+Jackie McKeogh
United Kingdom
Okehampton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like a good idea in theory to get permission from publishers to post translations done by BGG users. If anyone has done this do they have e-mail addresses for the relevant people in the company to contact? I'm only referring to translations here so am looking at publishers such as Kosmos, Hans-im-Gluck, Schmidt, etc.
I'm currently waiting for a response from Queen Games regarding a translation of Aton I've done but as yet have had no reply. Any contacts that people could provide would be very useful or any problems encountered. Or whether anyone else has even tried getting permission!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did the rounds asking for permissions for my Finnish translations. I got the permission from Days of Wonder, Amigo, Spiele aus Timbuktu, Hans im Glück, Abacusspiele and Queen Games. I asked some others, but got no answers. As a general rule bigger companies are more likely to just ignore you.

I just used the e-mail address I could find on their website, the general contact address. I do have the e-mail addresses of the people who contacted me, but I think using the general contact address is a better idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve+Jackie McKeogh
United Kingdom
Okehampton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mikko for your comments. Who did you hear from in Queen? On their website they give emails for individuals rather than a general email address.
Anyone else out there had any experience of getting permission for translations???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was Susanne Giger from their PR department.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve+Jackie McKeogh
United Kingdom
Okehampton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mikko for that quick response. She was one of two people I emailed at Queen though I've yet to get a response. BGG is so much more responsive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.