Popular Tags: [View All]
Iain K
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a bunch of counters, chips, tokens or the like that have numbers on them.

I've been playing wargames where piles of counters sit in off board force areas. The primary games are in the GCACW series. I would love to have counters or tokens with numbers on them so I can total the combat value of a force, and place a token in the area with that total combat value, making it easy to tell force strength at a glance.

I might just make the things using thick card stock, but I though I'd ask here first.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Rodeffer
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you considered using color-coded dice as the counters? One of the hex and counter games I currently have in development uses this system, and boxes of uniform dice are fairly easy to find.

Clark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A really easy way to do this is with a good ink pad and just about any type of piece that you think will work (wood, plastic, cardboard). You can get stamp blocks with individual letters and numbers and then you can label a counter of any type with whatever you want. Just be sure and get a good stamp pad with ink that is appropriate for what you will be stamping. Some types of ink are made just for paper but others will work on plastic, metal etc. I use this method to label blank money chips in games that have different denominations but no labels (Age of Steam). Works great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.