JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had some ideas for alternatives to base game conditions. Entirely untested so far. If anyone likes these and wants to make cards and tokens for them, that'd be great. If not, I'll try to hack some files together with my meager Photoshop skills later. For now, if you want to use these, just place a fatigue token on the card or token for the standard condition.

Disarmed
The active player may apply this condition instead of Immobilized.

Heroes may only attack with bare hands. Monsters may perform only melee attacks using one blue die, and may not spend surges.

Discard this card or token at the end of your turn.

Prone
The active player may apply this condition instead of Stunned.

Choose and remove one defense die from your pool when you roll defense dice.

Action: Discard this card or token.

Beleaguered
The active player may apply this condition instead of Poisoned or Diseased.

For each other condition card or token you have, lose 1 movement point when taking a move action, to a minimum of 1.

Suffer 1 wound and 1 fatigue and discard this card or token at the end of your turn if you have no other conditions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
Cool ideas, all around. I also like the idea of "swapping out" old Conditions for new ones as a means of getting them into the game.

Sarcasmorator wrote:

Disarmed
The active player may apply this condition instead of Immobilized.

You may only attack with one blue die. Heroes may not use surge abilities on equipped weapons. Monsters may not use surge abilities.

Discard this card or token at the end of your turn.

This would be my preference, purely thematically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback! That's a good catch — as it is, you could attack with a ranged weapon using only a blue die. I'll adjust it above.

OK, now it's "Heroes may only attack with their bare hands," to bring it in line with what's in the rulebook. That takes care of weapon surge abilities on its own. And for monsters it's now "Monsters may perform only melee attacks using one blue die, and may not spend surges," which provides the same effect.

Some monsters will be hampered less by this — trolls with Bash, for instance — but I don't want to eliminate action options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.