Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Sink
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sentinel of the Multiverse is a game I’ve wanted to play for a few months. My friends have been talking about it ever since we played Legendary Marvel. The game is basically a super hero card game with a card mechanic that involves drawing cards from your own specialized deck and choosing which cards to put into play and when. I played as Unity who is a mechanic with the ability to create golems and put them into play. One of my friends said that she’s basically creating decoys for the villain (and its minions) to attack. Therefore taking damage away from the team. I agreed but I found it somewhat boring for me because every time I got a little bit ahead, I would quickly be trounced and have to start over. Other players around the table had much more options and things to do, but I don’t think this is because it was a balancing issue. I think it was just because the villain had attacks that affected me personally.

There are a few mechanics in this game that I really liked. The specific player deck is really cool. You can learn a character and his powers and plan accordingly. This makes replay ability pretty cool. However, after awhile you will probably become bored with the character and move on. It’s very similar to how you feel when playing a fighting game on a console.

Another mechanic I like was the way the villain can play minions and creates an up and down flow of action. You may think you are ahead and then a series of bad draws from the AI can set you back again--much like reading a novel that keeps you on the edge of your seat.

The cards were easy to read and I found the play to be pretty well organized. It took me a few turns before I became familiar with order of play(Start of Turn, Play, Power, End of Turn, etc.).
It took us about 3 hours to play a game and this was mostly because we had almost all new players.

The game comes with a good amount of starting characters. Expansions add a few more characters with more adventures and scenes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
WHERE IS JA?!
badge
Help me Ja Rule
mbmbmbmbmb
I do love this game! Just ordered all the mini expansions finally (as well as a few other goodieswhistle) after waiting for them all to come back in stock on CSI!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 hours of SotM would be tough for me to sit through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Minutillo
Australia
Stratton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Keeping you up to date with Kickstarter Campaigns in the Tabletop Games category
badge
Keeping you up to date with Kickstarter Campaigns in the Tabletop Games category
mbmbmbmbmb
RiderPestilence wrote:
I do love this game! Just ordered all the mini expansions finally (as well as a few other goodieswhistle) after waiting for them all to come back in stock on CSI!!

I read tha as "expansions containing minis" and immediately ran off to find them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
codermike wrote:
RiderPestilence wrote:

I read tha as "expansions containing minis" and immediately ran off to find them

Gonna have to wait for Sentinel Tactics: The Flame of Freedom for that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.