Subject: Building Hapsburg units in Germany rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kasper S
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mb
Can Hapsburg build units in Germany prior to the league? Say built a unit in Trier and another in Kassel to hinder reformation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
No. They are not Hapsburg home spaces because are printed on the board as Protestant (brown and white).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
The Hapsburg can only build units in non-electorate spaces with the Foreign Volunteers event card. As Max pointed out, most of Germany starts the game under Hapsburg political control, but only a few spaces are Hapsburg home spaces.

On the other hand, there is nothing stopping another power from moving units into Germany to try to slow down the Reformation. It is not uncommon for the allied Papacy, or Hapsburg SR units into Germany.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper S
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you both for quick response. The reformation has to run it's course then without Hapsburg interference this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends, as Steven mentioned, on whether the Hapburgs have a spare SD move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hapsburgs have to be careful though; you don't want to vault the pope to a win....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
Depends, as Steven mentioned, on whether the Hapburgs have a spare SD move.

I agree here. One spare SD or a build and move one space can help to set back the reformation. Additionally is a later Papal SD.

Another thing I've seen is Haps give a space in Germany to the Pope when the Pope had the fortress card. (Meaning he saved it from a previous turn.) Then the Pope SDs to that space once and then winters in that fortress too. That's a nice move.

So much evil. So much fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TedW wrote:
Hapsburgs have to be careful though; you don't want to vault the pope to a win....

If the Haps is concerned with a Papal win, he makes peace with the Otts, DoWs the Papacy and takes a key or three.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.