Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question on how Hazards are targetted.

The Storm Hazard "Fleet(s) with the most cargo Lose All Cargo (Ignore if no fleet has cargo greater than 3)" comes up for fleets sailing to foreign lands.

I have the fleet sailing to the foreign lands with the most cargo. In this case I have six cargo. I also have Temple of Isis and ignore storm cards for foreign voyages.

Does the storm hazard target my fleet, but then I ignore it because I've got the Wonder built, meaning that everyone else is also safe who ventured there because I took the hit from the hazard card for them?

Or does the Storm card just not target me and just fall to the next highest cargo player?

If the former, by page 15 of the rules, could the Archon tell the holder of the Great Lighthouse and Temple of Isis that they have to choose the number of cargo cards on their fleets where their power works first, then let everyone else choose to carry say one less cargo than the Wonder protected fleets so they wouldn't be effected by storms either?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Great Lighthouse, Temple of Isis, storms and other playe
Innovan wrote:
Another question on how Hazards are targetted.

The Storm Hazard "Fleet(s) with the most cargo Lose All Cargo (Ignore if no fleet has cargo greater than 3)" comes up for fleets sailing to foreign lands.

I have the fleet sailing to the foreign lands with the most cargo. In this case I have six cargo. I also have Temple of Isis and ignore storm cards for foreign voyages.

Does the storm hazard target my fleet, but then I ignore it because I've got the Wonder built, meaning that everyone else is also safe who ventured there because I took the hit from the hazard card for them?

Yes. Even though you are immune to the effects of the Storm, your Fleet still exists for the purposes of determining who has "the most cargo".

Innovan wrote:
If the former, by page 15 of the rules, could the Archon tell the holder of the Great Lighthouse and Temple of Isis that they have to choose the number of cargo cards on their fleets where their power works first, then let everyone else choose to carry say one less cargo than the Wonder protected fleets so they wouldn't be effected by storms either?

That is correct. The Archon can demand that the players protected by those Wonders be the first to ship out during the Journey Phase. Of course, the other players would still be affected by the other types of Storms; they would just be guaranteed to not have "the most cargo" for the purposes of the 2 big ones.

Thanks!

Andrew

----------------------------------

Andrew Parks
Parthenon Co-Designer
Siren Bridge Publishing
webmaster@njkingdom.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.