Lords of Waterdeep» Forums » General

Subject: High Score! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
I just finished a round of LoW against my girlfriend. Not only did I win (I NEVER win. This was the first time I have ver won the game.), I won with a buttload of points - in fact we both did. I finished with 302, she had 278. What was your highest score so far?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Parks
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
How did you manage 302? Are you playing with the expansion?

Edit: The highest score I ever remember seeing is probably in the 150 point range

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav Åkerfelt
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a basic game with the Mrs. a few days back. Her first game of LoWD. We both scored 200+ pts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Parks
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so I'm assuming these high scores are coming from 2 player games mostly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
RiderPestilence wrote:

Edit: The highest score I ever remember seeing is probably in the 150 point range

Nope, without. We both were just very lucky - I ended the game with nothing but 1 gold and 2 fighters in my tavern, which I took because there was nothing more useful to do on my last agent. As a two player game I expected it to score somewhat higher, but in the end we really felt we had reached ridiculous heights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Parks
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mosch wrote:
RiderPestilence wrote:

Nope, without. We both were just very lucky - I ended the game with nothing but 1 gold and 2 fighters in my tavern, which I took because there was nothing more useful to do on my last agent. As a two player game I expected it to score somewhat higher, but in the end we really felt we had reached ridiculous heights.

Yeah, 302 heck even 278 is extremely high! I do understand the "never winning against the girlfriend at the game" experience though. Every time she is in a game if she doesn't come in first she is at least way ahead in point compared to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a really impressive score. My best is in the low-mid 200s range, and I thought I was hitting all of the good spots in terms of buildings in play as well as quests that came up. My wife had the building lord, so she wasn't concentrating on quests much for the first half of the game, so I managed to grab everything I needed for a lot of high point quests.

I can't even imagine what I would need to improve on to break 300 though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary smith
United Kingdom
Salisbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my highest score is 239 - 2 player game with Nindil Jailbuck, Piety and Skullduggery. I mainly play 2 player with GF and in most games we both get close to 200.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Posted in the Xanathar wins thread, but 253 with Xany (-32 for Corruption, +32 for Xany, so 253 without any bonus VP).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.