Nelson Pires
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was starting to sort out the cards from the character add on pack and started to notice a huge difference in the card backs. Then I noticed a few cards from the base set with the same issue. There are actually about 3 or 4 different shades on the backs! Am I missing something, or is this a problem. Anyone else have this problem. I haven't seen a thread about this yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed very minor shading shifts, mainly the yellowed parchment effect is a little lighter on some cards but I haven't attributed it to one pack or another (mainly so I won't give myself information that would gain advantage - inadvertently cheat, that is). I just sleeved all mine so I'll never truly know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
boomman72 wrote:
I was starting to sort out the cards from the character add on pack and started to notice a huge difference in the card backs. Then I noticed a few cards from the base set with the same issue. There are actually about 3 or 4 different shades on the backs! Am I missing something, or is this a problem. Anyone else have this problem. I haven't seen a thread about this yet.

I've noticed minor variations on the fronts, but nothing I would call "huge". I haven't noticed any differences on the backs. I believe there was one thread about this early on, but it doesn't seem to be a common issue. If it's really that bad, you should probably contact Paizo; it sounds like you might need replacement cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed it; I didn't create a thread, but I did mention it in another thread about a printing error. Seems like some aren't bothered by it, but to me it's practically night and day. I shuffle with my eyes closed so I don't subliminally match the back color of the top card to the one I'm trying to shuffle in.

Both the hue and the sharpness of the printing varies wildly. I didn't want to sleeve this collection because sleeves don't really fit in the box, but once we see how the next couple packs turn out, I may have to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian @BoardGameMonster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I have noticed this too. Some of the card backs are a bit lighter (usually seem to be blessings from my experience so far, but perhaps they are from the character expansion pack... I didn't think to check that).

Also, less importantly, the shading of the front of the cards varies. I noticed this last night when I was clearing up - some of the items' shading in the top bar is almost the same colour as some of the allies' shading.

It's enough to be noticable and most annoying when you get a villain and a blessing with different coloured backs when the villain runs away. You can kind of see where he's gone which is a bit of a spoiler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson Pires
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just had a chance to take a pic of a few...

As you can see, pretty amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
boomman72 wrote:
Just had a chance to take a pic of a few...

As you can see, pretty amazing.

Mine are certainly not anything like that; if they were, I would definitely contact Paizo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gunther
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boomman72 wrote:

I have the same problem. Mostly with Blessing Cards from the Base Set, but also some Monster Cards from the Base Set. I sent Paizo an email on the weekend asking for replacements but have not yet heard back (it's only been a day though).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Swanson
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely....different shades on the backs of the cards.

I also had a ripped card and some with white spots on the backs of them. I have contacted Paizo about these cards though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson Pires
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to post a follow up to the problem...

I contacted Paizo through email, and got a response within a day. I explained the problem and gave a list of the misprinted cards, about 40 total, which I also noticed where all from the base set.

Just now I got a response stating that they are sending me a whole new copy of the base set, plus the 2 promo cards, that I never had a chance to get! That is great customer service!!

Just wanted to let you guys know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
boomman72 wrote:
I just wanted to post a follow up to the problem...

I contacted Paizo through email, and got a response within a day. I explained the problem and gave a list of the misprinted cards, about 40 total, which I also noticed where all from the base set.

Just now I got a response stating that they are sending me a whole new copy of the base set, plus the 2 promo cards, that I never had a chance to get! That is great customer service!!

Just wanted to let you guys know.

Good to hear! Maybe this weekend I can find time to comb through mine - see how widespread the problem is or if I'm just being picky. If I feel like I can't deal with it, I'll let them know.

Glad you got it worked out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.