Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still puzzling over the dissapearance of Mystical Empire from the gek. Yes, it was having problems and being shilled a great deal by its creators. But it seems odd to have just cleared it out entirely. I've now got a grand total of ONE game in my collection I don't have marked on BGG, and it just seems odd.
Is it permissible to add this back into the database? Is it even permissible to talk about it or is it now the "game that shall not be named" or what?

I found some of the stuff on it kind of entertaining...I wrote a negative review of it and got amusingly flamed by the designer. Something about being a CCG hater with an elementary school education. It really kind of annoys to lose a review that produced that strong a reaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmb
The game was permanently removed from the database at the request of the publisher. It is fine to discuss it, but please don't try to add it back to the database.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dakarp wrote:
The game was permanently removed from the database at the request of the publisher. It is fine to discuss it, but please don't try to add it back to the database.

Really?

The last post I read from Keith was to one of my posts to him. In it he said he would remove the game and stop promoting it, and once things simmered down should someone completely unrelated step up that was fine. I think he would be fine with it if a regular BGG member submitted the game. But maybe Brian (StormKnight) would like to ask him directly first.

Sadly, it looks like he removed his account (I just looked for it) and all his posts are now gone.

Here was the thread (it had 26 posts but now it's down to 22):

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/798286#798286

Take care,

jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Katsikas
United States
Deering
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Hi there,

I am still around. I still check out the boards and try to find time to rate other games. It is certainly fine with me if someone else submits the game to the database. I just want nothing to do with it. I don't want anything that is said about the game to be tainted by anything I might say or do. I am glad to see that some of you care about whether or not the game is listed here. I hope someday it will be added back and people will see it for what it truly is. Thanks =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.