Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy, im in the middle of play and the issue sprang up so i'll be brief:

I've just played the beginning of turn 5, and after landings i've been moving the units to land on next on the boxes.
Only unit arriving on turn 5 is A dot C/81C but it doesnt have a number next to the FG so I dont know where to put it on the fox green arrival...

Is this a misprint or did i miss something? I've tried checking the rulebook but couldnt find anything about no number being given. Does it mean I can put it anywhere I want?
Cheers

Okies, found this one. I wish a paper rulebook has a search function...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few questions while playing
Also, does attacking with several units on one target exhaust only one action?
Rules are a bit vague (at least to me) but my logic says yes :/

If you make an infiltration move with a stack of units, do you draw a fire card for each unit, or just one for the whole stack?
Again logic says yes, cause if you didnt one unit would always come unscatched, but i'd like your oppinion.

*got this one* in addition, how do german defense modifiers behave when attacking trough more than one? In rb it says they dont add up, but do I use the one more adventageous for me or for them?

Bah, at this time these two are my only options, so i guess i'll just wait here and be quiet until someone shows up

The game did not tolerate my rookie mistakes so far, got pounded by concentrated fire when i decided to check what happens when i have over 5 steps on one hex (i knew it was something bad xD), and my happines when i thought i was about to destroy the easternmost german position quickly faded when i realized i cant attack across bluffs :/
No units losses so far at turn 5, so i guess i still am a lucky guy

Q: if a tactical reinforcement depth marker is revealed as a result of an attack that should be continued after revealing the marker, does the marker still counts as a depth marker for that unit (in the rb it says: immediately after you reveal this counter, remove it from the game) so it has to first eliminate the marker, and then the unit, or does it just wipe out the unit in question (weapons yes - strenght more than double in this instance)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Menin Gate at Midnight, Will Longstaff, 1927.
badge
"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
mbmbmbmbmb
Avtomatik wrote:
Also, does attacking with several units on one target exhaust only one action?
Rules are a bit vague (at least to me) but my logic says yes :/

No, you have to spend one action per unit [or per stack if units are performing the same action]. This is where Heroes, HQs, and Generals come in as an important factor in the game as they enable free actions. You'll find you get more actions when they arrive.

Avtomatik wrote:

If you make an infiltration move with a stack of units, do you draw a fire card for each unit, or just one for the whole stack?
Again logic says yes, cause if you didnt one unit would always come unscatched, but i'd like your oppinion.

I think you just draw for the stack, but I've rarely seen this happen so am not 100% sure.

Avtomatik wrote:

Q: if a tactical reinforcement depth marker is revealed as a result of an attack that should be continued after revealing the marker, does the marker still counts as a depth marker for that unit (in the rb it says: immediately after you reveal this counter, remove it from the game) so it has to first eliminate the marker, and then the unit, or does it just wipe out the unit in question (weapons yes - strenght more than double in this instance)?

No, you remove the marker and the space is now considered without a depth marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Avtomatik wrote:

Not sure I follow your question exactly, but maybe this helps: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1034910/wn-depth-marker-rein...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kubigaruma wrote:
Avtomatik wrote:

Not sure I follow your question exactly, but maybe this helps: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1034910/wn-depth-marker-rein...

Yep, exactly the same question. Ok, so the german unit is destroyed (very good since two units already had that one).

Btw, can i consider myself lucky, or am i playing something wrong?
only two infantry units destroyed at 7th turn, no artillery fire whatsoever so far :/

I figure game was much easier since i've been using only one action to attack with multiple units, but i've done it only once so far.

Concerning the stacks infiltrating - i guess it may be common on place where I did it - the easternmost german position as the bluffs make it impossible to attack directly so I had to climb them to get into attacking position (btw, since they say are doing a two-turn move - do germans get two infiltration cards for each unit? prolly not eh?).
Drawing of one card can be justified by two units covering each other while advancing, but i can understand if the rule says otherwise (more troops moving - bigger chance to inflict damage)

Also - guess U on the range of artillery units means unlimited?
Is there a reason they are in flashier white letters other that to show they are capable of ranged fire?

Does HQ give free action if it moves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Avtomatik wrote:
Btw, can i consider myself lucky, or am i playing something wrong?

Not enough information to tell. I don't even know what scenario you are playing. However, if you win on your very first try, there is a good chance you are playing wrong.

Avtomatik wrote:
Concerning the stacks infiltrating - i guess it may be common on place where I did it - the easternmost german position as the bluffs make it impossible to attack directly so I had to climb them to get into attacking position

Need some hex numbers. The spot I think you are referring to (0707 to 0806) doesn't qualify as an infiltration move.

Avtomatik wrote:
Also - guess U on the range of artillery units means unlimited?
Is there a reason they are in flashier white letters other that to show they are capable of ranged fire?

Yes, "U" = unlimited range within the restrictions of 8.12. Mine are the same font and color as all the other numbers, but I have the first edition and it could have changed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Avtomatik wrote:

Rulebook p.12 wrote:
"Once you move an HQ unit or General, it no longer provides free actions to units in its command for the rest of the Action Phase. Plan the sequencing of your units' actions accordingly."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kubigaruma wrote:
Avtomatik wrote:

Rulebook p.12 wrote:
"Once you move an HQ unit or General, it no longer provides free actions to units in its command for the rest of the Action Phase. Plan the sequencing of your units' actions accordingly."

Yep the reason i asked is i thought i remembered something in that tone, but just couldnt find it anymore. Thanks.

Kubigaruma wrote:

Need some hex numbers. The spot I think you are referring to (0707 to 0806) doesn't qualify as an infiltration move.

Yep thats the one. Now i see why it doesnt qualify - not both hexes in the field of fire.

Dunno, i guess i'll make a sleeping pause now on turn 9 - i lost 5-6 armoured units, 2 infantry units (wiped out), and have so far managed to destroy two WN positions (the orange and green in the middle - would look the hexes numbers up but the game is on a different floor than the computer - cant make myself to go yet again). Playing the half map/16turns scenario.
So far only 1 off-map artillery strike, no underwater mines, no units drowning and fairly weak german fire - only the west red side is killing me (thats where 2 infantry units got killed) but now got hq there so i guess things will get faster on that side.
On the right i managed to keep the 807 disrupted at least for 3 turns now but cant manage to get enough actions to close in for the kill, waiting on some support...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.