Popular Tags: [View All]
Cyrus Kirby
United States
Farmington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At risk of sounding like this is a self-serving post, I would like to suggest that the "Top Reviewer" list (http://boardgamegeek.com/geekaccount.php?action=browse&sort=...) be broken out into different sections of the Geek Family. Specifically, Top Reviewers of Board Game, Top Reviewers of RPGs, and Top Reviewers for Video Games. At the moment, all the reviews and reviewers are being bunch together under one heading.

I often send individuals to other reviewers and suggest that game designers and developers familiarize themselves with individuals who review games. This includes RPGs. Having a single list for each group would greatly assist those in finding the most active individuals.

Thank you for your kind consideration!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, the slipperboy is one review away from taking your spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Lynch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
Welcome to the PLEASUREDOME
badge
ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus Kirby
United States
Farmington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
Ah, the slipperboy is one review away from taking your spot.

We've been playing leapfrog for about a year. I've been using the "Top Reviewer" list as something of a metagame to keep me going. Have you ever been exercising and told yourself, "Only one more push-up" or "just keep running until you pass that tree". Then you do it and find you can keep going? That's exactly what I've been doing with the list.

"...just one more review and I'll be at 50...75...100..."

SlipperBoy has been an outstanding coach that has kept me going, although I doubt he is even aware of it. SlipperBoy's primary area of focus would appear to be RPG's where mine is board games. Good stuff, by the way. Give his work a look.

But now I find myself working more and more with designers and publishers. Having a single list that shows all the active reviewers on BGG would be very helpful to them. The more people they can ask to review their games, the better off they and the BGG community are. Which only goes to strengthen and enrich our hobby, I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
fathergeek wrote:
At risk of sounding like this is as self-serving post, I would like to suggest that the "Top Reviewer" list (http://boardgamegeek.com/geekaccount.php?action=browse&sort=...) be broken out into different sections of the Geek Family. Specifically, Top Reviewers of Board Game, Top Reviewers of RPGs, and Top Reviewers for Video Games. At the moment, all the reviews and reviewers are being bunch together under one heading.

I often send individuals to other reviewers and suggest that game designers and developers familiarize themselves with individuals who review games. This includes RPGs. Having a single list for each group would greatly assist those in finding the most active individuals.

Thank you for your kind consideration!

Sounds like a good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus Kirby
United States
Farmington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bryce0lynch wrote:
ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR

Very nice reviews on http://tenfootpole.org/, Mr. Lynch! Excellent to see Dungeon Magazine getting some love.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I promise I will not kill you until you reach the top.
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Have you joined the 2017 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
mb
fathergeek wrote:
SlipperBoy has been an outstanding coach that has kept me going, although I doubt he is even aware of it.

You're right. I don't pay much attention to the list. If it helps, you can look at this link which is where I look every time Bryce0lynch pokes me (or the entire site) about the count:
http://boardgamegeek.com/browser.php?itemtype=user&sortby=nu...

I think it doesn't count some of the RPG review categories so it gives you a comfortable lead.

I'd much rather devote some time to getting platinum, herculean and ultimate microbadges for review and session report writing. I think those would motivate more people to provide more content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Lynch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Slippeeeerrrrrrrrr! You're breaking character AGAIN! We can play Bleeding Heart Liberal Orc Paradise characters after this campaign is over but right now we're playing Pluckly Little Upstarts on The Dark Side Waging Holy Battle Against the Forces of Passive-Aggressive Story & Board Gamers!

SHEESH!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Sorry. I'll grab a Snickers on my way to work...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus Kirby
United States
Farmington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sdonohue wrote:
I'd much rather devote some time to getting platinum, herculean and ultimate microbadges for review and session report writing. I think those would motivate more people to provide more content.

+1K for this idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus Kirby
United States
Farmington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bryce0lynch wrote:
...right now we're playing Pluckly Little Upstarts on The Dark Side Waging Holy Battle Against the Forces of Passive-Aggressive Story & Board Gamers!

This sounds like a pasted on theme to me....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Lynch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
fathergeek wrote:
bryce0lynch wrote:
...right now we're playing Pluckly Little Upstarts on The Dark Side Waging Holy Battle Against the Forces of Passive-Aggressive Story & Board Gamers!

This sounds like a pasted on theme to me....

True, from a certain point of view.

But in RPGgeeklandia it translates to "shivving the kender NPC in the throat multiple times with a blunt spoon until his head pops off and then using it for the polo game with the natives in order to get a +2 on your Polo check. (The natives are pasted-on Mongolians.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
bryce0lynch wrote:
True, from a certain point of view.

But in RPGgeeklandia it translates to "shivving the kender NPC in the throat multiple times with a blunt spoon until his head pops off and then using it for the polo game with the natives in order to get a +2 on your Polo check. (The natives are pasted-on Mongolians.)

bryce0lynch paraphrased wrote:

Who needs all this fucking backstory and expository text?! Let's get to the fucking killing!

Guess who stopped for a snickers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.