Park City
Kansas
flag msg tools
publisher
http://www.eggrules.com/games/games-d-l/gallerist-the/
badge
US Sales Manager for Eagle-Gryphon Games
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the pleasure of doing a demo for Eagle/Gryphon Games of The Road to Canterbury this weekend at my FLGS, Hero Complex Games and Entertainment. I set the game up and a fellow gamer, who also happens to be named Jason stopped by to play. He is a history major and was drawn to theme of the game.

After explaining the rules to him and making sure he didn't have any additional questions, we drew our beginning hand of sin cards and started out by tempting the pilgrims into committing those sins. Each pilgrim has a sin they are particularly fond of, the first yellow company pilgrim started out with a love for gluttony, the green company pilgrim enjoying prideful acts, and the blue company pilgrim was very greedy. These favorite sins come into play when a death sin card of that pilgrim's color is drawn.

The game started off mostly with both of us playing sins, a few pardons, and a couple rare relic cards. My overall strategy involved selling several smaller pardons of many different flavors of sin trying to build up my cubes in both the Circle of Sin and the different pilgrim companies to gain the most bonus gold, or points. The other Jason was working towards pardoning several of the same sins, at once, for a larger reward.

I was able to capitalize a little on Jason's sin placement, He then switched up his strategy some by picking up and using more relic cards. The game came to a close when I drew two death cards in a row, killing both the current yellow and green company pilgrims by bringing them to 7 cards each. The final score was close, Jason had 82 points, and I barely edged him out with 86 points. We both had a great time and that can be a shared victory in itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice session!

I've found, in my very limited number of plays (as of now, it's 1) that games end with scores being very close.

I look forward to my next game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.