Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Twigg
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi all -

Been looking through the rules, and I can't wait to give this game a go, but I'm a bit lost on the "aim" order...

Let's say that I give my hero a "ready" action on my turn. I attack a nearby monster and kill it (or not, doesn't really matter) and give my hero an "aim" token. Now, the question is, does the aim token give a hero an automatic aimed attack whenever he wants it, or does it simply mean that on any subsequent LEGAL attack the hero can decide to make it an aimed one. I'm voting for option # 2, meaning that if I stay with the example, I'd have to wait until my next turn to use the aim token, assuming that nothing happens that causes the token to be removed.

And while I'm at it - can you aim if you select a "battle" action? Probably, but does the aim work for both attacks or just whichever one you decide to use the token on?

Maybe this stuff has been answered on the boards already, and it could also be in the rulebook and I'm just missing it. If so, my apologies.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Spiess
Germany
Ulm
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Maybe you have misunderstood aiming a little bit.
It's meant like this:
-You use it in your turn before you make your attack. It is then an aimed attack.
-If you play it without attacking immediately, you may loose it when you suffer wounds.
-When you play it at the end of your turn, you must use it for any attack, also keep it for later attacks (no matter if it's in a Battle action or whatever), but you may not move or reequip! And: only 1 aimed attack!

Btw.: Aim normally doesn't make much sense. It's better to make a Battle action and attack twice. Only if you've got a special ability (e. g. Leadership), it's good to use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Twigg
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Malte, that's actually what I was thinking the rule was. I just wanted to be sure before I start trying to explain the rules to some friends. So it doesn't give you any more attacks than you would normally have on your turn, it just lets you make one of them be an aimed attack as long as you still have the token.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.