Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Dugger
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello,

Just picked up this game yesterday and we had a few questions after playing the game. I found a few posts relating to the question, but I was still slightly confused.

1. Sensors
The game has just started. Is the only thing the sensors officer should be doing is scanning other sectors? I noticed that in the tutorial they stated they had a previous lock that was not used? I'm confused here.
Does this mean that the sensors officer can be given (for example) 3 energy, have NO targets around and decide to place a card on A, B and Sector Scan? That way, should an enemy (or crystal) appear later (and the SO previously succeeded in the previous attempts), that they will have an automatic lock on an enemy/crystal next time they place them in A or B?
If so, how many locks can you succeed in a particular column before actually selecting a target?
Also, can you scan multiple sectors on a single attempt?

2. Weapons
Can the WO load multiple missiles even though a target does not exist (ie. 1st round)? If so, how many preloaded weapons can he/she have before actually attacking an enemy.

Thanks

Hopefully this should clear things up for me!

Dugger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Pit Crew avaialble now! The Expanse coming in October!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Sean!

1. Assuming you were playing Mission 1, on the first turn sensors can only do a Sector Scan (or Cloak if you're playing with advanced systems).

You can only target stuff that was known at the start of the turn, and all the enemies and crystals start off board.

In the first training mission (Mission Alpha) an enemy starts on the board so you can start locking it right away.

If there is no target in the A, B, or C slot during Step 2 you can't put any lock cards in those columns. So if you have three energy but no targets you could put all three under Sector Scan and reveal three tiles.

2. You can load as many torpedoes as you want even if you have no one to shoot at. You can always shoot at a newly revealed target, even if you don't have a lock. You just use the grey numbers for damage.

But remember that unused torpedoes go away at the end of the turn.

You may want to check out the strategy tip post I put here on BGG:

Space Cadets Strategy Tips

which gives a run through of things you might want to do on the first turn.

Thanks for giving it a shot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dugger
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Fantastic, thanks! That pretty much answered all of my questions.

Cheers!

Sean Dugger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.