Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that the best tile depends on the situation. And almost every tile has its time and place where it is best. But let's forget that for a moment. Let's just talk about the tiles themselves, forgetting the game and the board position, etc.

I love City Hall. I don't know why, but this tile cries out to me. I want to take it every time I see it. Even when I know there are more important/better tiles for me on the board.

So what's your favorite tile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Zorzo
Brazil
Florianópolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Do you have a faborite tile?
louper wrote:
Used to be City Hall - love the quick combo. But now it's the Boarding House. Those 4 workers are so helpful all the time.

Agree. 4 workers are 2 actions, most buildings give you one. =P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Romano
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mb
Recently (I mean, very recently) I fell in love with the yellow knowledge tile that allows you to get 2 silverlings when you sell a good.

During a game, when that tile comes up, I easily spend 2 or 3 workers just to get it. hahaha... Somehow it fits perfectly in my make-your-game-by-buying-tiles approach to Burgund.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Garber
Canada
Vauxhall
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! No special knowledge tiles mentioned yet? I suspect many will share mine: 3 pts per goods type delivered. This is pretty easily the best tile in the game no matter when it appears!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Knowledge tile 15, three points per type of good shipped at game end, is eighteen points your opponents don't usually see coming. I always grab this if I can get it early enough in the game to make sure I ship all six colors, which gets me more points and money, of course. Sure, it's a lot of actions, but you'll get six Silverlings, which essentially gives you three of those actions back, and if you've fed the process with a warehouse or market or two it doesn't feel hard to get the eighteen points.

Sadly my friends are onto this now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen OConnor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Glass Bead Board Games
badge
Read my blog
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:

Knowledge tile 15, three points per type of good shipped at game end, is eighteen points your opponents don't usually see coming. I always grab this if I can get it early enough in the game to make sure I ship all six colors, which gets me more points and money, of course. Sure, it's a lot of actions, but you'll get six Silverlings, which essentially gives you three of those actions back, and if you've fed the process with a warehouse or market or two it doesn't feel hard to get the eighteen points.

Me too. I picked this up in every game for a while, until my friends cottoned on to its power
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the warehouse (the one which allows you to sell goods). Makes a great combo with the aforementioned yellow tile granting points for every type of goods sold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Roney
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the one that allows you to have multiple buildings of the same type in one area. Combined with any of the ones that gives you points for each building of a certain type, it can be quite helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm a little worried about the building-type-repetition tile. Some maps are awesome if that tile comes out and terrible if it doesn't. It's certainly a handy tile in any case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Fournier
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Beer Card!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, castles and mines? devil They always disappear pretty quickly in my games...

Favorite building used to be city hall, now it's probably boarding house... both really useful.

The 3-pt/good type knowledge is really strong, maybe overpowered in 2p games. It's probably worth fighting the 1st player battle just to be able to jump on it if it shows up at the beginning of a new phase...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Garber
Canada
Vauxhall
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Especially since fighting for turn order means you will likely already have the goods shipped by the time you get the tile!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.