Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So looks like CMON's latest KS is getting some Zombicide exclusives. You can read the full update here and the pictures are here:

Personally I'm pretty disappointed with them. I think it's a poor crossover (there is a Kingdom Death one already which makes far more sense) and it seems that CMON are just clutching at straws trying to get people to back Wrath of Kings which at the moment isn't doing as well as their other projects (I was backing it but ultimately dropped out). I don't like them so not bothered about not getting them but I imagine so completionists are going to be a little put off by this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate to say it, but these will join the ranks of Kyoko for me; "Sure would like to have it, but don't plan on it happening."

I love the idea of Wrath of Kings, but it doesn't seem to have legs in the long run. Most of CMoN's miniature games just seem to be falling flat and they keep moving in new directions. They don't seem to have plans to keep continuing things beyond the "starter" sets for most of these new franchises. (With SDE and Zombicide being exceptions) I would gladly drop a few bucks to buy these, but the extra $50 to do so is a bit more than I'd like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cornbread46 wrote:
I hate to say it, but these will join the ranks of Kyoko for me; "Sure would like to have it, but don't plan on it happening."

I love the idea of Wrath of Kings, but it doesn't seem to have legs in the long run. Most of CMoN's miniature games just seem to be falling flat and they keep moving in new directions. They don't seem to have plans to keep continuing things beyond the "starter" sets for most of these new franchises. (With SDE and Zombicide being exceptions) I would gladly drop a few bucks to buy these, but the extra $50 to do so is a bit more than I'd like.

They've already about-turned after a shit storm in response to the post on Facebook! You have to pledge $10 as a handling fee but you can then order as many of these guys as you want as long as you were a Z1 or Z2 pledger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OOH! I missed that. I was trying to avoid the uproar that I knew would be flowing over there...

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
I think the massive deluge of survivors that came in S2 (and plans for 12 more in S3's core set alone) must have cured me of my "gotta catch 'em all" mentality, because I can't work up any desire to own these two (albeit the pig mask guy is kind of cool). Maybe if they show up on eBay for a reasonable price in the future I might think about it, right now I'm good with what I've got and what I'm getting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
delinear wrote:
I think the massive deluge of survivors that came in S2 (and plans for 12 more in S3's core set alone) must have cured me of my "gotta catch 'em all" mentality, because I can't work up any desire to own these two (albeit the pig mask guy is kind of cool). Maybe if they show up on eBay for a reasonable price in the future I might think about it, right now I'm good with what I've got and what I'm getting

Yeah, I backed out of the gotta get them all mentality during S2 as there were just too many and loads that didn't interest me. Probably would have been good if I was cured before buying all the S1 promos at expensive prices but NM! I do like the S1 promos a lot although I'm probably giving my Dave the Geek away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is there will be a lot of these hitting ebay from Wrath of Kings Kickstarters who don't own Zombicide and see it as a way to make some money back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CMoN does know how to generate extra funds, I will give them that but this kind of stuff is pure horse shit. The $10 for shipping and handling is ridiculous. Just throw in on another order we already have should be an option, or pick them up at a convention. Yes, I would wait until GenCon 2014 to save $10 on these figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the 'handling' charge is pretty stupid (and it's $15 for ROTW) considering you would get it included if you were a pledger. Wrath of Kings does look fantastic too and is the type of game I'm interested in, I only dropped my pledge because I have too much going on at the moment, but this has really soured me to it completely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
These models just don't do anything for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not interested.
And I want all the survivors.
But this is in poor taste.
If they'd offer to ship it with s2 or even with s3 then maybe.
But I'm overloaded with war games now. Don't need another.
Especially since one of those games is Relic Knights....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Like the models a lot and the fluff behind them!

Cool Stuff. Will be picking these up along with my Wrath pledge.

They are optional ...

~Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
As an european larper I think this "us-larp" figure is an offence
no thanks not interested at all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Floydski wrote:
They are optional ...

Not to us completists!

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Floydski wrote:
They are optional ...

Not to us completists!

-shnar

but what are the chances of a completist getting the Kyoko figure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(what's the Kyoko figure?)

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Parks
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
(what's the Kyoko figure?)

-shnar

I believe it's the one you get for submitting a scenario that CMoN puts up on their site.

http://guillotinegames.com/en/blog-map-editor-contest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyoko (and its zombivor counterpart) are promos gifted to those that create scenarios that end up being displayed in Guillotine´s Zombicide website

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curse you Cmon!!! (busy creating scenario)

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyoko will be way more easier to get in the coming months, I wouldn't worry too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Parks
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoogoo wrote:
Kyoko will be way more easier to get in the coming months, I wouldn't worry too much.

Hows that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was hinted on Edge a few days ago, you'll be able to grab her at your FLGS if you play a few demo scenarios.

This might not be the whole picture, like, maybe you'll have to buy the game with it or something. I don't know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
These "things" don't fit into the game at all.
I'm normally a completist, but I just don't get being a completist on this or any other CMON game. Stuff just doesn't seem to be well thought out enough to bother beyond blatant marketing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
Shoogoo wrote:
It was hinted on Edge a few days ago, you'll be able to grab her at your FLGS if you play a few demo scenarios.

This might not be the whole picture, like, maybe you'll have to buy the game with it or something. I don't know.

That would be great, they did say she would be available through other promotional means in the future, and she is a much cooler flamethrower using survivor than Rose. Hopefully if they do give her away in larger numbers she'll make her way onto eBay - not many FLGSs around here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
silly question... What is EDGE? link??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.