Thumb up
 Hide
92 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Zombicide Season 2: Prison Outbreak» Forums » News

Subject: Two new survivors as part of the Wrath of Kings KS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CMoN really nows how to make me angry. The shipping was a good start, now they added two new survivors as add ons to their Wrath of Kings campaign, but you can only buy them when you get at least one faction starter and $50 add ons.
I am already pledging for WoK, but if they continue on this road, I will prfer to stay away from CMoN's KS. yuk
Anyway, I thought you should know, if anyone is interested in these two guys.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/wrath-of-k...

EDIT: I misread the CMoN statement, it is not a faction starter AND $50 add ons but a faction starter OR $50 add ons. But as CMoN conceded in the meantime, Zombicide backers can now get those survivors for $10 each plus handling charge (depending ouf your location).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magermilchmagier wrote:
CMoN really nows how to make me angry. The shipping was a good start, now they added two new survivors as add ons to their Wrath of Kings campaign, but you can only buy them when you get at least one faction starter and $50 add ons.
I am already pledging for WoK, but if they continue on this road, I will prfer to stay away from CMoN's KS. yuk
Anyway, I thought you should know, if anyone is interested in these two guys.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/wrath-of-k...

No, this just makes me feel dirty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Now they are just reaching, those look dumb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Great Dalmuti
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
no chance for zombicide players to get them!
bad thing!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CMoN just conceded:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/zombicide-...

Now Zombicide backers can get those survivors without spending $50 for a game they don't want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gomtuu wrote:
bad thing!!!

I'd glady throw in a $20 pledge for these, but no way am I pledging another $50 on a game I dont' want just for the rights to do so. Waht a crappy way to nickel and dime us Zombicide fans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We posted at the same time Dagda (I posted over in the regular Zombicide General forum)! Glad that they've had the sense to back down but I seriously question who is running things at CMON/GG and where their common sense is. Asking people to back a whole other project just to get promos that don't even fit the cross over was just plain dumb. How did they not foresee the backlash?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magermilchmagier wrote:
CMoN just conceded:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/zombicide-...

Now Zombicide backers can get those survivors without spending $50 for a game they don't want.

Hmm, so $30 for the 2 figs + shipping. I will have to mull this over now as I determine if I want to shift around some other purchases to nab these guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bastimret wrote:
gomtuu wrote:
bad thing!!!

I'd glady throw in a $20 pledge for these, but no way am I pledging another $50 on a game I dont' want just for the rights to do so. Waht a crappy way to nickel and dime us Zombicide fans.

As I just posted, you don't have to buy Wrath of Kings anymore.

As a Zombicide backer you can get them for $10 each plus $10 handling charge.

CMoN (you can find it following the link I posted above):
We've done these cross overs before (SDE for Relic Knights), but we hear you. For Zombicide 1 and Zombicide 2 backers ONLY, just add a $10 handling fee and you can pick up as many of Elena and Charles as you want without picking up Wrath models. You'll need to use the same email address as the Z1 or Z2 Kickstarters for the pledge manager so we can link your accounts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magermilchmagier wrote:
...you can only buy them when you get at least one faction starter and $50 add ons.

Be fair. It was faction starter OR $50.

And why use these figs when I already have plenty of orcs and sword girls?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magermilchmagier wrote:
bastimret wrote:
gomtuu wrote:
bad thing!!!

As I just posted, you don't have to buy Wrath of Kings anymore.

As a Zombicide backer you can get them for $10 each plus $10 handling charge.

CMoN (you can find it following the link I posted above):
We've done these cross overs before (SDE for Relic Knights), but we hear you. For Zombicide 1 and Zombicide 2 backers ONLY, just add a $10 handling fee and you can pick up as many of Elena and Charles as you want without picking up Wrath models. You'll need to use the same email address as the Z1 or Z2 Kickstarters for the pledge manager so we can link your accounts.

Oh lord, ebay is going to be flooded with these guys from all the speculators buying dozens of copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonahmaul wrote:
We posted at the same time Dagda (I posted over in the regular Zombicide General forum)! Glad that they've had the sense to back down but I seriously question who is running things at CMON/GG and where their common sense is. Asking people to back a whole other project just to get promos that don't even fit the cross over was just plain dumb. How did they not foresee the backlash?!

I had to post here, as I am still angry about their shipping.

And I am glad about the backlash. I only wish their obscuring statements about shipping had caused the same reaction in the community. I am a little bit fed up by this "every KS is late, so who cares" mentality. It seems everyone can get the game before the people who payed in advance get it.

Anyway, I am glad that everyone gets the chance to get those survivors now, even though my plans to get them five times each to make a big buck went down the drain by it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lochmoigh wrote:

The SDE/Relic Knights made far more sense than this one though! As did the Kingdom Death in Wrath of Kings as themetically they're pretty similar. Just a note that according to GG's latest comments on FB you need to add $15 handling if you're outside of the USA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone actually like these? They just look weird to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After their "completionist fix" Im totally fine with this.
I wish I was a WoK fan, but Im not,
So I dont think I'll get these.. I Will
Proxy with Hasslefree Elvis(Bubba) and their banana man (Gareth) if they publish the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This just stinks of a cash grab to try and bolster the WoK numbers.
No thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herr Flik
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CMoN have balls of solid brass. All respect to them for becoming a cash grabbing, consumer milking miniature company in faster time it took a certain other to lose their morals. Frankly I don't expect a company to be run by kindly woodland creatures but all these crossovers and cash grabs are taking the Mickey.

I will pass on this and probably any future CMoN affiliated Kickstarters from what I have seen so far on how they run things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They certainly seem to have dropped the ball recently. They are trying to just to do much and it's resulted in their KS missing shipping dates or completely messing up the shipping and then they try to do a cash grab like this which is a poor crossover because they don't fit the universes. I don't really like them but fortunately the completionist was beaten out of me during the S2 KS and the sheer number of promo survivor options that are now available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bastimret wrote:
ebay is going to be flooded with these guys from all the speculators buying dozens of copies.

I MIGHT get some there if they're not insanely priced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeePee wrote:
Yeah, no.

Well, I did end up pledging for these after they dropped the ridiculous $50 requirement. Worth it? Probably not, but I'm a sucker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Shepherdson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$35 for 4 minis is pretty high compared to the price of the other exclusives in the game. Why do they have to charge extra shipping since it would be sent out with the last batch?? I'd rather print out the character sheets and use those reaper miniatures as stand ins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DeePee wrote:
DeePee wrote:
Yeah, no.

Well, I did end up pledging for these after they dropped the ridiculous $50 requirement. Worth it? Probably not, but I'm a sucker.

Me too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
They certainly seem to have dropped the ball recently. They are trying to just to do much and it's resulted in their KS missing shipping dates or completely messing up the shipping and then they try to do a cash grab like this which is a poor crossover because they don't fit the universes. I don't really like them but fortunately the completionist was beaten out of me during the S2 KS and the sheer number of promo survivor options that are now available.

My buddy's Zcide Season 2 pledge suddenly went from 1 / 1.5 / 2 to 1 / 2, which would seem to suggest the quiet delay that's been happening as we wait for "just the base games" to ship has been the missing container being located and the promos from shipment 1.5 merged back into shipment 1 to save CMON all those shipping dollars.

We're tidying the house and I've been temped to put my entire Zcide collection up on Ebay. Basically, all three games, all promo minis. Their recent behavior is not convincing me to hold onto the games . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.