Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Requiring new ratings would take time to get useful information. However, I think a separately displayed "expansion rating" could be calculated easily using existing ratings:

I would guess the vast majority of those who have rated a true expansion (requires the base game) have also rated the base game. Just calculate the differential between the base rating and the expansion rating, and use that as an "expansion rating". This should give a good idea whether people who have played both prefer the original as is, or prefer it with the expansion.

Then (to continue my dream), when game relationships are restored, and the expansion links are displayed on the base game page, the relationship differential can be displayed beside it. This will give immediate feedback to the user on which expansions are considered must-haves or drag-downs, at the point in the database where it's most useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Knoerzer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
This blue box is not as cool as David Tennant's...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this idea makes a lot of sense. Expansions are not stand alone games and really shouldn't have stand alone ratings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.