i own all the expansion except SoB, because i know i'll never play it (don't like sea settings and i barely found people and time to play RTL)...
but, out of pure curiosity, i'd like to read about all the new plots and avatars upgrades of Sob. I can't find them, not even on
i'd also like to see the differents avatar's keeps, but maybe that would be going against copyright?
i hope someone can help me.
There are three plots, somehow parallel to RtL's.
1) bringing three artefacts (keys for a mechanism) from spread-out locations to a lighthouse and then locking the mechanism. Plot cards represent the apparition of keys, and there is one to re-take one key from the heroes.
2) freeing the Leviathan, by sending Lieutenants, who will take away the five parts of his confinement chains in the same way as they raze a city. Each success makes sailing more dangerous, and the fifth one is a sudden victory.
3) the local Queen progressively becomes evil, and issues several decrees which impede the heroes ; the most notable closes all alchemist shops and double all costs for weapons and cannons. This card is very powerful, and the reason why OL players usually choose this plot. Another card, rather expensive, lets the Queen support the avatar in the final battle in the form of a boosted Sorcerer.
Captain Bones' final battle is of course naval.
The Mistress of Serpents' is relatively uninteresting, fight some boosted Nagi in a small space.
The Count's (Dracula = Razorwing) is long, difficult (especially given that he may make RWs killer machines) and perilous. It includes a long walk for one character during the final combat to get the artefact which will make the Count killable.
The Master of the Hunt's (Hellhound) has a difficult last level strewn with big monsters (two Dragons, a Giant etc.), and then the heroes will be pursued by a kind of juggernaut, meaning that they'll have to jump over the avatar and be harmed in passant. Should be house-ruled.
Hey thanks mate, the plots seems interesting (and in fact quite similar to the 3 from RtL) and i especially like the descriptions of final battles.
Additionally, Avatar Upgrades are:
Mistress of Serpents:
- All Naga get Constrict ability (cause armor-ignoring wounds from spending movement points on Grappled heroes)
- Avatar special works on Surge instead of blank
- Avatar recovers 50 HP(or more?) every 3rd round in Final Fight
- Avatar gets XsomethingX (upgrade called "Poisonous Mists" or something like that) in Final Fight
- all razorwings get Ironskin and Leech (like Ferrox) (makes razorwings incredibly difficult, especially outdoors)
- Avatar gets unattackable on a blank roll in Final Fight
- Avatar forces loss of skill card on blank roll on each successful attack in Final Fight
- Spawn a master razorwing if a hero is killed in Final Fight
Master of the Hunt:
- all hellhounds get Aura 1 (and Burn?)
- Avatar gets resurrected once with 200 HP in Final Fight
- Avatar can attack with special bow (attack dice replaced by bow attack; can’t remember but has ability 4*surge=web, to slow the heroes and possibly insta-kill them with the Wild Hunt juggernaut Merrimac mentioned)
- Avatar gets some protection (Armor +2? Unstoppable? Ironskin? All?)
- all normal skeletons can explode anytime to cause armor-ignoring damage with red die
- Avatar ship can disappear for one round in Final Fight
- Avatar gets Regeneration 25
- Avatar cannons can change each round to desired cannon type in Final Fight