Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Morris
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just opened my copy of the Doom Expansion and was quite disappointed to see the quality of the figures. Every one of my spiders are twisted and bent out of shape. One has a leg which is missing. I'm planning on contacting Fantasy Flight in the morning, but has anyone else noticed this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had some issues with my base set of Doom. Many of the pieces had very warped bases. Some of the spiders were quite twisted as well.

A solution to warped/twisted pieces: Soak them in hot water (not boiling, just hot tap water) for 3-5 minutes. They will be very pliable, and you can flatten and reshape them appropriately. When they are in the shape you desire, hold them under cold running water until the plastic completely cools, and the new shape will lock in.

I had to do this for almost every piece in my base set, and it worked wonderfully.

As for the missing leg, shoot them an e-mail; I'm positive they will replace it. Just be PC about it. They've given me replacement pieces for anything I needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
There's not much they can do about the spider figures, without losing the effect - long, spindly parts are naturally going to be fragile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
^^^ the end of the spiders legs could have touched the base of the figurine. Just a different pose for it would have rendered them more resistant than with yhe legs floating over nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.