Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got through my first game of Hellas, with few questions thanks to reading on here first. One thing we were unclear on however. When you are attacking you basically treat the dolphin tile as though it weren't there, i.e. anything touching the dolphin tile is considered adjacent to anything else touching the dolphin tile. But what about for puposes of voyaging, when you are determining who has the majority of ships, do you count ships opposite the dolphin tile if you are placing the new tile on the dolphin tile?

Thanks for the help.

Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb

Having a look at the rules (at least the French ones), the Dolphin is only mentioned in the attack by sea section (greeks can "jump" over the Dolphin), but not a word in the voyage section. So I think the answer to your question should be NO...

If the Dolphin was considered as a tile "not being there", it would not restrict its definition to the attack by sea part, it would be written right in the begining of the rules, I guess. I found nothing in the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
that was my guess too, and how we played it....I just wanted to know if other had encountered this ambiguity and how they dealt with it. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Hays
United States
Raymore
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I just had this question, too. An answer, if one could be solidified, should be added to the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.