Subject: Good stores in Montreal? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Evans
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Quick question for any Montreal-ites out there. I'm heading there for a quick vacation with my fiancee next weekend and I was wondering what large/good/etc stores are in the area worth checking out for gaming?

Thanks!
Mark E.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Peters
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
Powers:Coleridge:Milton: Faith...must be, if anything, a clear-eyed recognition of the patterns and tendencies, to be found in every piece of the world's fabric, which are the lineaments of God.
badge
That's Tim Powers' fictional Samuel Coleridge "quoting" John Milton in _The Anubis Gates_.
mbmbmbmbmb
LeValet is worth visiting. 4408 St-Denis, Montréal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Guenette
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Le Valet is the best !!

Carta Magica, it's on Saint-Hubert Street.

Le Donjon. one on Maisonneuve and one on Lajeunesse, thing is, it's mostly Warhammer stuff, but there are boardgames.

La Tour de jeu... there is one at Eaton Center, a few others in malls, there is a nice selection of euro games there.

There was Hyperborea on Sherbrooke, not sure if it exist still...

Marc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thumbsup for Le Valet d'Couer.

It's an excellent store.

We always go there when visiting the family

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Burgevin
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup Le valet !!!! thumbsup
I went yesterday and the guy spent more than 15 minutes in their back-store to look for something I was asking for !
Really nice service !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami S
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another vote for Le Valet, excellent service thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Villemaire
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Le valet! Their brick-and-mortar store is awesome (their online store almost as good, but takes patience to get used to)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrice Pelletier
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One more vote for Le Valet d'Coeur. It's on Saint-Denis between Mont-Royal and Marie-Anne. It's the best in Montreal!

Tour de Jeux also has a nice selection of euro games. You will find them in the main shopping malls in Montreal, like Eaton Center (downtown).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.