♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I don't even have to touch the stupid thing for it to expand on my browser (Firefox 1.0.7), and even if it's not expanded, it blocks me from being able to use the menus at the top of the page. I can't get into my GeekMail, my profile, etc., etc., thanks to the ad.

Bleah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amen. I had to adblock it to get anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Anderson
United States
Trumansburg
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Of course one way to get rid of it if you are a BGG "$upporter" is to exercise your option to block ads.

I encourage everyone to sign on for the few buck$ to be a supporter but I have to say I haven't (until now) excercised the "ad block" option since I kinda like to see whats for sale, whats new, etcetera (although I will never buy Rocketville!).

Now I've got Rocketville and all others blocked but I'd bet the advertisers would rather I didn't feel obligated to do that

D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
I don't even have to touch the stupid thing for it to expand on my browser (Firefox 1.0.7), and even if it's not expanded, it blocks me from being able to use the menus at the top of the page. I can't get into my GeekMail, my profile, etc., etc., thanks to the ad.

Bleah.

Can you upgrade to 1.5 and see if you are still having the same problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in 1.5.0.1 and I had the problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same version with problems with this ad as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Prysock
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Firefox 1.5.0.1 on Windows XP Pro and encountered the same thing. The ad was not expanded anymore but I could not type in the search field. I finally had to resort to refreshing the page and finally got it to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"To be honorable and just is our only defense against men without honor or justice." -Diogenes of Sinope
badge
"Today is the yesterday you won't be able to remember tomorrow" -Pinkwater
mbmbmbmbmb
It's driving me absolutely batty, as well. I realize ad revenue is important, but it's really destroying the functionality of the site. I don't think it's too much to require than an ad not harm your site.

[Edit: in fact it's been so frustrating that at this point I now associate that game with frustration and will probably not even look closer at it to see if it's any good! Their advertising has backfired.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.