Subject: Adding Eowyn to the Fellowship rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave de Vil
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I've added Eowyn of Rohan to the fellowship for my revised rules. Although this will no doubt outrage book purists, it has solved several problems for my redesign:
1. Its rather nice to have a female companion kiss
2. It gives us a companion with "Rohan activation" ability
3. Eowyn fits nicely into the Rohan succession list for "Kings of the West" rules
4. I can add a new FP event card "Sword of Rohan", which works like Horn of Gondor and Axe and Bow. (Incidentally I've also separated these last two into different cards.)

Look out for a full list of my new event cards on the files page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Consider me outraged

I suppose the obvious Arwen doesn't activate Rohan fast enough.

Is she leadership 2? And a Captain of the West? Any special guide abilities?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave de Vil
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
She's the equivalent to Boromir/Legolas/Gimli. She has captain of the West ability, and an event card "Sword of Rohan" which can be discarded to absorb hunt damage.
Have to find a figure from somewhere, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the combat ability of Sword of Rohan could kill the Witch King (Like Blade of Westernesse, but with Eowyn: since you have lot more minions having an extra minion killing card seems fair enough).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave de Vil
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I've actually added the combat ability "No man am I" to two of the event cards, which does this job.

It looks like BOTTA will include something similar, although the ability seems to refer to fate tiles rather than an event card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.