Asher D.
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Played for the first time last night, and a question arose that I didn't find an answer for.
Blocks removed by cards (such as Bread Shortage) - where do they end up? Do they leave the game or go back into the supply? And if back into the supply does that happen immediately - thus lengthening the current turn? Or are they put aside and rejoin the supply after the elections?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
As far as I remember (don't have the rules in front of me right now), the blocks go to the general stock to be re-used in the same game turn. This is because I *do* remember a line in the rules where it says that when a game turn ends due to a shortage of blocks in a particular colour, that end cannot be postponed by blocks returning to the stock as a result of the play of an action card. Therefore, blocks simply return to the supply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Removed blocks go straight back into the supply. It is possible to play a card that removes a block and then place the removed block using a personality card immediately.

Yours

Hammy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify, the blocks going back to the supply cannot stop a game end condition (i.e.: the red faction is exhausted, the round should end, but instead some are returned) but it can still be a good tactic for prolonging a round in the event that no colours have been exhausted yet. I've seen this happen on more than one occasion where someone thought a round was going to end at a certain point, but a well-timed terror card added legs to the round and changed the timing of everything...appropriate for that card I would think laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.