Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This review is not going to cover the bits, the game mechanics, the nuances of play but rather uses my proprietary FUN formula, a highly developed method of gaming review. ninja What is FUN you ask? It stands for Fast reading, Uncomplicated wording, and New player based. It will cover what most of us are looking for: Is it fun? Is it worth the money? Will my kids (and/or gaming friends) have a good time playing this game?

Is it fun?

Yes! Where else can you journey in a cool plastic car, fill it with plastic kids, play as a doctor and get paid every other turn (if your spins are good) and live the 'big wig' life of a millionaire? The game is extremely light, simple to learn, colorful, and you get to handle a lot of money! This is not a game where you probably will be whipping it out every weekend with your gaming friends but if you have kids and want to play a 30 minute light game then this one fits the bill. It has

Is it worth the money?

For $15.00 on average to probably a lot less on other sites then it definately is worth the money. I played this game a ton as a kid and just recently picked up the 1986 version from my local thrift store for $2.50. My wife and I prefer the older version rather than the newer ones but your opinions might be different.

Will my kids (and/or gaming friends) have a good time playing this game? meeplemeeplemeeple

Kids - definately yes. We play this with my nieces and nephews and they love it. It's easy, quick to learn, and we all have a blast trying to fill the cars with kids (so you can sell them!) and taking revenge on others.

Gamer friends - depends on your friends. If you want to whip out some nostalgia and old school playing then throw this on the table. You might be surprised.

In summary, all households should have a copy of this classic game. It'll bring back many good memories if you played it as a kid and help develop more memories for your own kids!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
All your base are belong to us
Canada
Montreal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
the game mechanics, the nuances of play

Life has game mechanics and nuances of play?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carcagarbage wrote:
Quote:
the game mechanics, the nuances of play

Life has game mechanics and nuances of play?!?

hehe..well, if you think about it all games have mechanics of play or else there would be no game. Nuances of play..well, probably not a lot but it is Life. Spin. Move. Take Revenge on your neighbor. Guess that's the nuances..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
For $15.00 on average to probably a lot less on other sites then it definately is worth the money. I played this game a ton as a kid and just recently picked up the 1986 version from my local thrift store for $2.50. My wife and I prefer the older version rather than the newer ones but your opinions might be different.

You could take the 15 bucks and get a good game instead. 15 dollars on a game of total luck with plastic components is still 14 dollars too much. Here the situation is even worse. A game of life sets you back MORE MONEY than say Haba Kayanak. And which is the better game? Its like Michael Jordan against an amateur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.